GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are in your fourty's what cars are the companies aiming at this age group?
I drive a 99 STS which I got used, at $70,000 CDN new it is way too much.
SO what cars are aimed at me that has some looks and power in the $30000 CDN ( would be more except the extra taxes of 15%).
Buick looks old.
I am 6-2 and 250.(CTS is too small) or do look for used STS for the next while.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
grand prix? i don't know how roomy it is... it's a big car but with a pretty swoopy roofline... might be pushing it at 6'2" (though i'm only guessing). bonneville? it's only a little pricier than 30 grand. impala LS? starts just above 30 grand. and if you don't like buick then you don't, but the regal is a pretty good deal.

and that's all worth considering. ford, DCX and imports not allowed! :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a 98 Grand Prix GT before the STS, the new Grand prix are smaller and my head hits the roof .impala LS old looking

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
NOW that I read the introductory, your size abd body style would be easily accomodated by Chevy's Impala SS or the Supercharge Monte Carlo (if, heaven forbid, FWD is acceptable). The Mercury Marauder is also a nice car but I don't know if it fits your price range.

·
Registered
56 Posts
:huh: I'm 57, 6'3" with the same problems. I not only have to drive in a semi-reclining position, but find that my right leg at the knee lays against the d*mn console. There's some kind of nerve or bone right there and after even a realatively short drive it hurts. I honestly don't know of a "Younger Generation/Performance" car that works. I,m really only familiar with GM and can't speak for Canadian prices, but have over the years opted for for comfort. (My knee starts to REALLY hurt after 200 milles or so.) If you can live with "old" cars both the LaSabre and Park Ave are very confortable. I drive an Ultra back and forth to Florida twice a year (3000 Miles round trip) and like it. (For me, the Park Aves seem more comfortable, not sure why.) I have leased many Devilles and find them great, but have gotten very expensive. (not DTS, console, same problem). I have rented and driven several Grand Marquis' they are very comfortable. It may be old, but Ford's got a great line up with Ford, Lincoln, Mercury RWD's. (And I'm a FWD proponent). All of GM's full sized SUV's and Pickups seem to work (Tahoe, Silverado size) even with consoles they are very confortable. I assume some other fullsize trucks are the same. These are what I'm familular with, very likely others, but cars sans consoles, seem to becoming a rare breed.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 03 Serria Ext Z71 also.
what am asking what cars are the companies marketing to 40 something
Aveo and small to the young age, La Sabre Park Ave and Deville to an older group
The only sporty larger car is a STS, the DTS is a little boxy. Monte Carlo only 2 door( never like the looks) , to hard to get the grand kids in and out.
I guess the best thing is hang on to the 99 STS for a couple years and get another STS in couple years and tens years get a hot 2 door coupe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts