GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
great idea as a way to build long term equity in the SS and Chevrolet brand as well as """Being ahead of the curb in terms of CAFE/emissions""" and coming out with a car sized for the future of 5$+ gasoline!

1.4L Turbo Ecotec for 180hp in a 2500 pound car with 16-17 inch rims, and a 5speed = awesome 14second or under car!!!

If well executed I'm all for it, if its another Malibu/Impala/Silverado SS, then let it never see the light of day.

CobaltSS

just for fun...

"The car that's changing it all...

AVEO SS brought to you by Chevrolet, the brand that's changing it all..."

:D ;)

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, does anyone know where they're planning on building the 1.4 turbo they keep talking about? As a side note, the new Cobalt SS's engine is made in the USA (the LNF turbo) whereas the old supercharged engine was made in Europe. So who knows, this could be a win-win if the engine is sourced from the U.S. and shipped to Korea.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'd call it a Sport rather than SS. I'd like to see it built.
I agree. Chevy agreed to stop throwing the SS on everything they were building so they started to use "Sport" which is fine by me (see Equinox Sport, etc.)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I'd call it a Sport rather than SS. I'd like to see it built.
Thankfully this IS the plan for all current and future sported up Chevy models.

As for an Aveo, it's not a market or car that naturally lends itself to having a "suped up version", but rather a nicely built, refined, very small and economical car. Maybe a Sport with more entertaining looks and tuning could get a few more eyes, but not a biggie at all.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Add direct injection and a turbo throw in some suspension tuning and we can talk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts