GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
11,217 Posts
His are 1500 Sierra's.....
They are? But they've got roof lights? Are they aftermarket? Were they available on the 1500s? Anyway, I've only seen the more "loaded up" trucks with Quarda Steer, not really that looked like they were used for much working.

· Registered
3,635 Posts
They are? But they've got roof lights? Are they aftermarket? Were they available on the 1500s? Anyway, I've only seen the more "loaded up" trucks with Quarda Steer, not really that looked like they were used for much working.
The roof lights were standard on all the Quad's. :yup:

· Registered
11,217 Posts
LOL, its alright. Besides, the rims and front bumper alone should have told you those were 1500's. :D
Well the bumpers looked to me at first glance that they could be 2500s. Those GMC bumpers look huge! The wheels had me wondering, but then the roof lightes made me all consuffed. :unsure:

· Registered
3,635 Posts
Well the bumpers looked to me at first glance that they could be 2500s. Those GMC bumpers look huge! The wheels had me wondering, but then the roof lightes made me all consuffed. :unsure:
Its not really the size of the front bumper as its what the 1500 (on the sierra's) bumper doesn't have:

1500:

2500:

See the extra black strip on the 2500? Its due to the frame being bigger on the 2500 and body being higher for the allison transmission.

· Registered
11,217 Posts
Its not really the size of the front bumper as its what the 1500 (on the sierra's) bumper doesn't have:
See the extra black strip on the 2500? Its due to the frame being bigger on the 2500 and body being higher for the allison transmission.
I know, but I've seen 2500 that didn't have the obvious gap, or filler, I thought. I don't remember my ex's dad's 2500 Sierra having it, maybe I just didn't see it. They were very noticeable on the '88-'98 body style.

· Registered
1,602 Posts
I haven't seen one in a while either, but sure do notice them when one does roll by. Such a great feature, killed early by being badly bundled with higher cost options and limited in models.

The Quadrasteer Suburbans and Yukon XL's are even more rare birds.

· Registered
11,217 Posts
There is no gap or filler piece on my 02 2500HD farm truck?
I saw an 03+ Silverado 2500HD today on I-75 and it didn't have a filler piece. But the top piece of the 3-piece bumper was definately taller to make up for the gap. It was not a Quadrasteer. :( I wanna drive one, to see what it's like. I bet it's turning radius about the same as my old Saturn. :rolleyes: They have the worst truning radius for their size, it's rediculously bad.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.