GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11,217 Posts
Good find, I have yet to see one in person.
Really? I used to see them more often. They stopped amking them becuase it was an unpopular option and they broke all the damn time.

· Registered
11,217 Posts
yeah, i just seem to miss them. Where do you see them at? Downtown?
Well it helps that I frequent Revenburg Pontiac/Buick/GMC and they sold a bunch of them. I usually see them there, or on the EC Row Expressway. I would have loved to have gotten one of those, or a Sierra C3. :yup:

· Registered
11,217 Posts
I have 1 and one of my son's also has 1. No problems since 2004 with quadersteer. It is the greatest option ever installed on a truck IMHO. Mine is the one with the dumping bed.
Nice trucks. I didn't know they put it on the larger trucks. i've only even seen it on 1500 Sierras and Denalis.

· Registered
11,217 Posts
His are 1500 Sierra's.....
They are? But they've got roof lights? Are they aftermarket? Were they available on the 1500s? Anyway, I've only seen the more "loaded up" trucks with Quarda Steer, not really that looked like they were used for much working.

· Registered
11,217 Posts
LOL, its alright. Besides, the rims and front bumper alone should have told you those were 1500's. :D
Well the bumpers looked to me at first glance that they could be 2500s. Those GMC bumpers look huge! The wheels had me wondering, but then the roof lightes made me all consuffed. :unsure:

· Registered
11,217 Posts
Its not really the size of the front bumper as its what the 1500 (on the sierra's) bumper doesn't have:
See the extra black strip on the 2500? Its due to the frame being bigger on the 2500 and body being higher for the allison transmission.
I know, but I've seen 2500 that didn't have the obvious gap, or filler, I thought. I don't remember my ex's dad's 2500 Sierra having it, maybe I just didn't see it. They were very noticeable on the '88-'98 body style.

· Registered
11,217 Posts
There is no gap or filler piece on my 02 2500HD farm truck?
I saw an 03+ Silverado 2500HD today on I-75 and it didn't have a filler piece. But the top piece of the 3-piece bumper was definately taller to make up for the gap. It was not a Quadrasteer. :( I wanna drive one, to see what it's like. I bet it's turning radius about the same as my old Saturn. :rolleyes: They have the worst truning radius for their size, it's rediculously bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.