GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 3 weeks ago now, I have a customer come back to buy a Malibu, trading an Alero.....

SOOOooOO....he they drive a nice 4 banger Malibu, and we have 3 EXACTLY the same, can you se where this is going.....anyhow, do the deal, get everythign done, car delivered, and about 5 days later, Levi, another salesman here, comes to me and says, 'hey what Malibu did you sell' he ants to deler trade the one in the showroom, and it just so happens the one on my deal sheet matches the VIN on the showroom, car.....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:...

WELL OH ****....I delivered the wrong car.....now in itself is not a huge deal, get the customer back, resign, admit I screwed up and he goes in his correct car....HOWEVER, the customers are far north and in BC far north is 12 hours drive, and she is in camp which means a helicopter ride to boot.

The husband is home but he cant sign its in her name, so he has a car he cant drive now cause it has no insurance, the insurance is on the car in the showroom....WELL OMG..whata nightmare.....

so our servicemanager here has a connection at the insurance office, so thru her, we get the VIN changed on the insurance documents without making them come back in..SHHHHHH....:clap:, not a cool thing to do...and carry on with GMAC to get the financing changed....all the while the other dealer wants the car caue he has already sent the DmaxDually we wanted....(side note....how in demand are malibus, that you get a $70,000 Dmax dually full load back..)

anyhow all fixed now, but hey we all make mistakes....man that was a bad day for one salesman...ME :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Hey, it happens to us all. You admitted to the mistake, and went about getting it corrected as soon as you found out. No harm, no foul.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh man what a nightmare for a salesman, and for them to, they had to go about 3 days with no driver, as we had o insurance on theirs, and no way to get a rental to them.....they were very good about tho..

LOL and to make it worse, once we fixed it I called and said go anhead and drive away, he calls back and the battery is stone FIN dead....so I had to call roadside...oh man

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I did the exact same thing once. We had two Aveo's , same color and options, same everything. I had the right file out of the cabinet but selected the wrong VIN on my dealer software.

So, some documents( I entered manually ) had the right VIN but others had the wrong one.

The only reason we found out was because another sales person tried to sell the other car. When he tried to do so, the software told him it had already been sold, even though it was sitting in the showroom.

I'm sure it won't be the last time for any of us.

We once sold two trackers to the same guy on the same day. The license plate was accidentally mixed up so the cars were registered wrong. A few months later , one of the Trackers were destroyed.

So, you can imagine the mess when the plates didn't match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts