GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,855 Posts
I assume you are speaking of me. And no, I do not want to eliminate the repair shop, it is the sales side that needs to be taken out of the 1940's. I think the current repair shop model is fine, my only issue is I don't see why GM can't own their own repair shops.
They would like to. But it's the same reason they can't own their own dealerships. Dealerships have franchise agreements that don't allow corporate competition.

· Registered
7,855 Posts
That can be dealt with. The laws need to be removed then the manufacturers, if they are interested, can make offers to buy the dealerships. I've seen that done in other industries that have franchise owned and company owned business models. A company I used to work for did that, they owned 75% of the territory in the USA and the offer was out there to buy any non-company owned franchises. I used to work on the acquisition team...
Already been tried (corporation-owned dealerships). GM lost that battle in court.

· Registered
7,855 Posts
This is true. Try to do something only a hipster could love (totally online experience), it'll bite ya eventually. They need actual dealerships/repair facilities.
Problem solved.

Tesla now has plenty of repair facilities, they just have a bowtie on the sign out front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts