GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 2014 Cadillac Saks 5th Ave ELR, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
12,222 Posts
Makes me think of the forum members that want to eliminate vehicle dealers and simply order their car online from the manufacturer. I’ve wondered how they think the vehicle will be repaired while under warranty?
Not me.
Even out of warranty they have one big advantage.
My Cadillac dealer will give me a loaner no matter how old the Cadillac is that I bring in.

They used to give only new cars (usually an XT4) but lately they've given used cars too.
This is not all bad. One of 'em was a CT6!

But it is always a Cadillac.
They used to give Olds, but apparently quite a few customers didn't like that.
I personally wouldn't care as long as it works.

· Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 2014 Cadillac Saks 5th Ave ELR, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
12,222 Posts
Well drat! My Caddy dealer has never offered me ANY of that stuff. What kind of rat is he?
One that draped a Caddy banner over his Chebby sign???

· Registered
12,222 Posts
Tesla needs a real dealership network. After recalling another 322,000 car this year, they should have shops. They've recalled 4 million cars this year (well, some recalled more than once obviously so more like 4 million recalls.)
You're assuming Elon actually cares about getting this stuff done or servicing his products.
It's easier (and possibly cheaper) to just outsource it to GM.

Isn't sell online but service in person really the ideal scenario?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts