GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
but for over a hundred thousand dollars, I would have expected something that looks a little more expensive.
I guess he does have a point there. For that price you need balls-out performance, or an impeccable interior --- no Suburban or Cavalier turn signal multi-stalk. (is that what they used?)

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by powervette@Mar 6 2004, 04:50 PM
You are trying to tell me that Mercedes doesn't use A-class parts in the SL?!? :zap:
Ah, but do they use parts from a Neon? ;) :p

·
Registered
393 Posts
The writer only see the car for a monent ( week instead of years)
What looks and feels good for a short time, sucks in the long run.
The writer did not like the HUD!
When we trade our 98 GP GT for a 99 STS the HUD was what my wife miss the most. Really the STS should have HUD because once you are use to useing HUD you miss it.
It is also like should the radio or HVAC contol be on top. Alot of Car writes want the radio on so it is easyer to get to but I use my HVAC alot more then my radio controls
So read a story on car reviews as if they are 1/2 half correct.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Ming@Mar 6 2004, 09:18 PM
but for over a hundred thousand dollars, I would have expected something that looks a little more expensive.
I guess he does have a point there. For that price you need balls-out performance, or an impeccable interior --- no Suburban or Cavalier turn signal multi-stalk. (is that what they used?)
:lol:
I wouldn't be surprised if they did,
Car manufacturers have always searched for savings...
By the way the new Neon ain't much worse than the crappy A-class or Vaneo(if you live in the States you may don't know it)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
The writer seemed to be searching for a area to complain about but could not find one. Instead of saying he was surprised by how good the XLR is he chose to look for anything he did not like.
So he doesn't like HUD so he shut it off. Wow what a huge area of concern.
He wasn't wowed by the interior, this is a surprise since other reviews have commented on how nice the interior is.
Gee the top takes up most of the luggage area, next he will point out a Benz has an extra percent of storage with the top down.
This is a fast, well built, high end Cadillac.
The XLR is a GREAT car. It is priced properly.
I can't wait to see what writers will find wrong with the the STS.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I hate to admit it, but when I got a seat in an XLR at the Chicago show, I wasn't all that taken with the interior. It was nice, no obvious flaws. And the wood was particularly fine. And that aluminum finish was nice.

But the whole package still left me a little cool.

Not that it spoils the car for me. I'd still choose the XLR over an SL. But it could have been more appealing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts