GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
It's just like the Covid/Omicron infection and death rates that are being grossly overexaggerated because these medical institutions get paid by the feds and monies such as grants and the like, along with the charitable donations. They don't get monies for normal things like in a death or injuries related to a car accident or such. I heard this on Newsmax this AM on Saturday Report with Carl Higbee. Then he had guests discussing these issues. It's all about the money and milking the Federal system which in turn screws us taxpayers.

Like with Justice Sotomayor claiming that 100K kids are hospitalized with COVID? Actual figure, 4,000. And that Omicron is more deadly than Delta? Not even close. And that the current COVID death rate is at an all time high. Again, not even close.

She once said something about how a "wise Latina" could bring a valuable perspective to the Supreme Court. Maybe she's right. . I wonder if she could recommend one, because the Court is certainly lacking that perspective.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Like with Justice Sotomayor claiming that 100K kids are hospitalized with COVID? Actual figure, 4,000. And that Omicron is more deadly than Delta? Not even close. And that the current COVID death rate is at an all time high. Again, not even close.

She once said something about how a "wise Latina" could bring a valuable perspective to the Supreme Court. Maybe she's right. . I wonder if she could recommend one, because the Court is certainly lacking that perspective.
Rule of law is practically dead. The West will have to crash and burn. We have to be our own heroes

·
Premium Member
35,334 Posts

How that gem made it to the supreme court is mind boggling

·
Registered
9,152 Posts

This one always cracks me up.
Slope Rectangle Mammal Font Triangle

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,402 Posts
The more electronic gizmos that enable outside interference, the more able and willing will be hackers, either gummint or private criminals, to hack in and create a wreck, drive the car where they want it so the passengers can be robbed, kidnapped, shaken down, etc. This is a Brave New World. As noted above, OnStar already allows a shut-down.

You ain't seen nuthin yet.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The more electronic gizmos that enable outside interference, the more able and willing will be hackers, either gummint or private criminals, to hack in and create a wreck, drive the car where they want it so the passengers can be robbed, kidnapped, shaken down, etc. This is a Brave New World. As noted above, OnStar already allows a shut-down.

You ain't seen nuthin yet.
As much as I would like to stop drunk driving (only reason for such a switch or to stop a high speed pursuit) I am not willing to give up my freedom for it. Government riding with me? No. Becomes easy to do a road tax, I already pay gas taxes when I fill up so no thanks.

The next generation GM infotainment is already ‘Googled’ with integration which I do not mind from what I know. (Can’t mind both GMCs on order have it) However as time progresses I don’t want to get too far down that rabbit hole.

I would much rather give Apple or Google my dearest data (or Microsoft) and have them in my car as opposed to Facebook/Meta, Ticktok (Chinese app and I don’t trust it, the thing all the young people use) or Amazon. (I try to shop Walmart, Costco, Target, BestBuy, B&H/Adorama, local stores and retailers before I go to Amazon)

·
Premium Member
36,402 Posts
As much as I would like to stop drunk driving (only reason for such a switch or to stop a high speed pursuit) I am not willing to give up my freedom for it. Government riding with me? No. Becomes easy to do a road tax, I already pay gas taxes when I fill up so no thanks.

The next generation GM infotainment is already ‘Googled’ with integration which I do not mind from what I know. (Can’t mind both GMCs on order have it) However as time progresses I don’t want to get too far down that rabbit hole.

I would much rather give Apple or Google my dearest data (or Microsoft) and have them in my car as opposed to Facebook/Meta, Ticktok (Chinese app and I don’t trust it, the thing all the young people use) or Amazon. (I try to shop Walmart, Costco, Target, BestBuy, B&H/Adorama, local stores and retailers before I go to Amazon)
Google is a spy agency, I've been saying that for a long time. Ditto, I'm sure, Apple, Micro, Fecesbook, etc. They're all run by power-mad megalomaniacs whose number one love in life is control. And the peasants need to be controlled.

Reactions: Extreme4x4

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
For way more than 10 years. The police are only going to want or need to do it in the case of a chase and need a visual on the cars plate or vin# I believe.

Much different than the government having access at any time and for any reason in case you were going there for a justification.
If it can be done by the police, what makes you think somebody else can't figure out how to do it.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
If it can be done by the police, what makes you think somebody else can't figure out how to do it.
I’m sure it can be done because it already has been done by a few nerds wanting to see if it could be done.

Much different than the government having a huge database in front of them able to do as they wish from a central location.

I’m not sure how so many people still have such faith in our government to never use their power for nefarious reasons.

Water Facial expression Organism Gesture Font

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Don't pay your taxes - they turn your car off.
Don't pay your bills - they turn your car off.

Not that it is right to not pay what you owe, but your life can really be crippled.
You pay your bills and taxes yet they turn your vehicle off because their records show you didn't.
Takes longer to clear up a clerical error on THEIR end than a non payment of yours.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I’m sure it can be done because it already has been done by a few nerds wanting to see if it could be done.

Much different than the government having a huge database in front of them able to do as they wish from a central location.

I’m not sure how so many people still have such faith in our government to never use their power for nefarious reasons. ....
The government has more capability than "a few nerds" do. If the government wants to do it, they already can.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Google is a spy agency, I've been saying that for a long time. Ditto, I'm sure, Apple, Micro, Fecesbook, etc. They're all run by power-mad megalomaniacs whose number one love in life is control. And the peasants need to be controlled.
Completely understand… I was just selecting which of the big tech companies was the lesser of evils in my book.

Reactions: Neanderthal
41 - 60 of 68 Posts