GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
where does the energy come from to extract the hydrogen from the water??

Great point, they failed to mention what that "energy generator" was powered by. I am also suprised that they said you could use seawater, with as much salt as sea water has I would think that that would gum up the works.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
where does the energy come from to extract the hydrogen from the water??
Yeah, I'm missing something with the basic physics in separating hydrogen from oxygen. If this car does what they are claiming, forget cars ... power plants can be located along shorelines making 'free' electricity.

The video says nothing of the technology or catalyst used to coax these two elements apart, so let's not yet accept this video as 'proof'. If such a technology exists, that's great, but it would instantly render most other modes of automotive products obsolete.

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
So, when people riot for fuel, exactly what are they hopping to achieve? Force the guys at oil rigs to dig faster, half way accross the globe? All for the tanker captain to gun it?
There is no more fresh water on Earth today than there was a million years ago. Yet today, 6 billion people share it. Since 1950, the world population has doubled, but water use has tripled, notes John ****erson, an analyst and fund manager based in San Diego. Unlike petroleum, he adds, no technological innovation can ever replace water.
now here is classic scare tactic by the media to get you supporting population control and nutty enviromental policies.
There is prenty of water around the world, Israel, Dubai, in fact alot of gulf states water supplie comes from the ocean...
whats wrong with these idiotas?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I believe this is the tech. that uses a metal pellet catalyst (?) to extract the H. Here is one article

http://www.naturalnews.com/001704.html
So let me see if I understand this correctly. This is essentially a hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle that extracts its own hydrogen from water on board using the energy of the sun. It seems that this system would still be limited by the need for sun light as with current solar vehicles... Or am I missing something??

·
Registered
397 Posts
whats wrong with these idiotas?

I think the last word in your statement says it all.....water is the ultimate recycling activity of the planet. What concerns me is when people flip out and want to "store" it for future use. By taking millions of gallons of water out of the system you decrease annual rainfall totals and can even change weather patterns. So everybody be sure to drink your fill and pee to your hearts content!!! :D

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I don't know, I just keep hearing Hyde from That 70s Show: "And it runs on water, man!" as he recounts the conspiracy theory of the water-powered car.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm currently developing an engine that runs on excrement. As the global supply of bull**** increases during each election year, the price of fuel will decrease exponentially. It will be available by 2010, and will have a practical application by 2076.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Water-powered anything is an age old scam. A gas engine separates the hydrogen, thus using MORE FUEL than a typical car. But suckers (oh, I mean "investors") line-up none the less...

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I have an engine that runs on hot air. Unfortunately, the best provider of hot air are politicians and I've had a hard time having them talk into the engine, especially when it's in motion.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Water, Tea, what about urine? Mabey Ming was on to something!
Yeah it would be something to set up a urinal tank filler on cars so that you can fill them up... Urine is mostly water.

I can see people now excusing themselves to go pee in their cars... This will also open up a whole new industry for aftermarket... Privacy pee tents that quickly affix to the car so you can fill up in the parking lot at Wal-Mart...

The only thing I am concerned with the whole idea is people developing perverted unhealthy fetishes for the cars they love to own...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe they're on to something here, with this water-powered car.

1. Pump millions of gas out of the seas
2. Water levels go down, counter-acting rising sea levels from global warming
3. Less gas is used, carbon footprint drops
4. Atmosphere corrects itself
5. Resume using gas.

Just a joke guys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts