GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I ordered a Yukon Denali mid October 2021 and still waiting.
Visited the dealer and he said the order is ”Constrained” due to tech package.

I could not find my order number on my paperwork so GMC chat confirmed that order is at 1100 and found my order number and confirmed what my dealer told me by calling the dealer.

Is it possible that since October my dealer hasn’t received a vehicle with a tech package?
Or are they processing other vehicles before mine? He showed me paperwork that I’m number 2 on his list. The guy before me is still waiting from September.

How does all this work?

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
Yes that could be the case I ordered a customer a Tahoe In January and they had to wait for a couple of months for the LT Sunroof option to be cleared from constraint. Nation wide they do maybe 20 Denali's a week and if the Tech package is on constraint then you have to get both constraints to be able to order it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that could be the case I ordered a customer a Tahoe In January and they had to wait for a couple of months for the LT Sunroof option to be cleared from constraint. Nation wide they do maybe 20 Denali's a week and if the Tech package is on constraint then you have to get both constraints to be able to order it.
Thank you! I did not realize that 20 were rolling off a week. As an outside I picture way more.... So that kind of makes sense....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey guys. I ordered a Yukon Denali mid October 2021 and still waiting.
Visited the dealer and he said the order is ”Constrained” due to tech package.

I could not find my order number on my paperwork so GMC chat confirmed that order is at 1100 and found my order number and confirmed what my dealer told me by calling the dealer.

Is it possible that since October my dealer hasn’t received a vehicle with a tech package?
Or are they processing other vehicles before mine? He showed me paperwork that I’m number 2 on his list. The guy before me is still waiting from September.

How does all this work?
Linton is right on the money. It is a mine field to get a vehicle order in these days. Between constraints and limited supply it is a disaster. I know I waited since 8/31/2021 until 5/10/2022 for a no extras base Yukon SLT 4WD to be built. I had my dealer remove the max trailer package to get it built as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Linton is right on the money. It is a mine field to get a vehicle order in these days. Between constraints and limited supply it is a disaster. I know I waited since 8/31/2021 until 5/10/2022 for a no extras base Yukon SLT 4WD to be built. I had my dealer remove the max trailer package to get it built as well.
I think what is interesting is that Linton mentioned that GM is rolling off 10 units a week..... just that alone could easily lend to the really long delay. I dont think that is something I ever realized.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
I think what is interesting is that Linton mentioned that GM is rolling off 10 units a week..... just that alone could easily lend to the really long delay. I dont think that is something I ever realized.
10 Denali package Yukons and the numbers vary. Now the cheaper levels not constrained are getting built. The problem i see most often is multiple constraints Denali package, Tech package, max trailer or something else. So one feels like the lottery 2 is like hitting the lottery twice on the same day 3 thats the lottery twice and getting hit by lightning leaving the store with your money its not happening. I dont understand why dealers are not just telling customers look you need to change the order because its not going to happen or if it happens its going to take a while. If I have a customer with me I show them the constraint list to try and avoid the long wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10 Denali package Yukons and the numbers vary. Now the cheaper levels not constrained are getting built. The problem i see most often is multiple constraints Denali package, Tech package, max trailer or something else. So one feels like the lottery 2 is like hitting the lottery twice on the same day 3 thats the lottery twice and getting hit by lightning leaving the store with your money its not happening. I dont understand why dealers are not just telling customers look you need to change the order because its not going to happen or if it happens its going to take a while. If I have a customer with me I show them the constraint list to try and avoid the long wait.
Linton, thank you for the clarification. My dealer went silent for many, many, months. They wouldn't return my calls, text or emails. When they finally did call they said that they had nothing to tell me. After 7 months when we went to the dealer he finally printed his Workbench order and showed us that we are 2nd on the list and constrained dues to the Tech Package. He said we can delete it but then we would have many buttons that didn't do anything. We chose to leave the order as is. To answer your question.... why the dealers aren't advising customers is simply due to laziness. It seems that they don't want to put in the effort. As a former High Net Worth Client Administration Division director - I can tell you that its simply gross negligence to treat clients that way. Again.... thank you for the great work you do for everyone on this site. You seem truly dedicated to your profession.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
When my dealer got in for an allocation on mine only SLE’s were available that week. Dealer asked and I said no gotta be a base SLT… No point in doing this if I am losing features. (As you couldn’t get Bose and power hatch on this generation SLE Yukon) Dealer gave it a few weeks (one or two order cycles) and got my SLT in and asked if I could live without max trailer and I said for only 500 pounds more trailering to remove it to get it in.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Linton, thank you for the clarification. My dealer went silent for many, many, months. They wouldn't return my calls, text or emails. When they finally did call they said that they had nothing to tell me. After 7 months when we went to the dealer he finally printed his Workbench order and showed us that we are 2nd on the list and constrained dues to the Tech Package. He said we can delete it but then we would have many buttons that didn't do anything. We chose to leave the order as is. To answer your question.... why the dealers aren't advising customers is simply due to laziness. It seems that they don't want to put in the effort. As a former High Net Worth Client Administration Division director - I can tell you that its simply gross negligence to treat clients that way. Again.... thank you for the great work you do for everyone on this site. You seem truly dedicated to your profession.
Linton is most definitely dedicated to his profession… As is the owner of my small standalone GMC dealer he was in pretty good communication not every week but at least once a month.

Reactions: Explorer-Doc

·
Registered
22,013 Posts
I can hardly wait for the day when vehicles are stocked at the Dealership......

Reactions: gm4life08 and CJH

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I can hardly wait for the day when vehicles are stocked at the Dealership......
It will be a while yet for that. It will happen but stock will still be down compared to what it was before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts