GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
The XLR is tops now... :D ....I love that car....just curious though, how come nissans 350Z isn't in there, afterall mazda's RX-8 is.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I know its "splitting the vote" but I voted for the Chevy Malibu. It should at least get a few votes. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
First of all, you shouldn't tell people how to to vote, or who to vote for.
That defeats the purpose of an unbiased poll.

As much as I'd like a GM product to win, if it doesn't, I'm not going to kill myself.

When I think of "car of the year", I look at it as "What sets the trend for all other cars like it, to compete with it". What car will make other manufacturers step it up a notch. I also think it should be a car that most people can afford.

The XLR, as good as it is, does not really beat the Mercedes SL in terms of performance, style, quality or function (though it comes pretty close). Again with the Malibu. It's Chevy's best try at Camry/Accord/Altima, but it hasn't broken any new ground.

My vote went to the F150.

As for the 350Z, it was eligible LAST year.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Wrong. tell people to vote how ever you want. They don't have to do it. It doesn't matter, just like an election. All the adds saying vote for this or vote for that. The poll is unbiased by reason that it is done by an unbiased entity. VOTE GM! OR ELSE vote for what you want. :D

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Nov 13 2003, 11:49 AM
First of all, you shouldn't tell people how to to vote, or who to vote for.
That defeats the purpose of an unbiased poll.

As much as I'd like a GM product to win, if it doesn't, I'm not going to kill myself.

When I think of "car of the year", I look at it as "What sets the trend for all other cars like it, to compete with it". What car will make other manufacturers step it up a notch. I also think it should be a car that most people can afford.

The XLR, as good as it is, does not really beat the Mercedes SL in terms of performance, style, quality or function (though it comes pretty close). Again with the Malibu. It's Chevy's best try at Camry/Accord/Altima, but it hasn't broken any new ground.

My vote went to the F150.

As for the 350Z, it was eligible LAST year.
I'll agree - I almost voted for the Mazda RX-8, but it just lacks power for a car of its type in my opinion.

I missed the Ford F-150 - but then it always blends into the background where I live.

I still think the Malibu is a significant vehicle from GM and the industry, and worthy of the title -- as much so as the Envoy was for Motor Trends truck/suv of the year a year or two back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts