GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paris 2008: Wallyscar to make electric Jeep-like vehicle

Like the original off-roading Willys, the Izis features body-on-frame architecture and a very small gasoline engine. In the case of the Izis, that engine comes from Peugeot and displaces 1.4-liters, good enough for 75-horsepower, just a bit more than the 60 horses of the classic Willys Go Devil engine.

The Izis is street-legal in Europe, as its Peugeot engine is fully Euro 4-compliant, though the vehicle has a Euro NCAP rating of only two stars....

An electric version is also said to be available. No information on specifications are provided other than a suggested electric-only range of 90 kilometers, or about 56 miles.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It looks like a cross between a wrangler and one of those electric barbie cars that kids drive around in.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Thats not a competitor.. thats a joke.

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is exactly what all Americans must start driving in order to STOP global warming BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. Think what leadership America could show the world if Congress simply required that 50% of all cars sold had to meet the technical specifications of this vehicle. It is perfect for any American who lives in a cosmopolitan area.

Of course, 50% of Americans cannot afford a new car, so the Government will have to subsidize the purchase based on income and wealth (as well as other appropriate demographic considerations, of course).

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
It is perfect for any American who lives in a cosmopolitan area.
I think you mean metropolitan. You've been watching too much Sex & the City.

Given the amount of plastic used to create the body and interior, I wonder how many pounds of lead it contains.
Considering that it only got a 2 star crash rating from the European authorities, I'd say it doesn't have much lead. It wouldn't survive a crash against a Yugo.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If you put two people in it can it only go low speed like the little electric Jeeps everyone had. Heh they should do an escalade too cause those are sold at toys r us next to the barbie and corvette ones.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts