GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
When you think of it, there was no better pre-existing GM nameplate for an "electric" car than "Saturn ION", and the brand's image more than fitted one!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
It freakin better not look like an Ion. If it's going to cost $35k+ this thing needs the Malibu treatment. Luxury car looks using inexpensive details.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
I will be pissed if it looks like an ION, but I don't think it will effect the sales. The Prius is ugly as sin and Toyota has no problem selling them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Aaron Bragman over at Global Insight has seen a model and tells us, "The production car looks much closer to a Saturn Ion. The front end looks kind of like a Saab, kind of like an Ion. The tail is still high. It looks a little BMW-esque."
Let's leave out the other salient quote in the statement.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Saab? Saturn?! BMW?!? All in one car no less. Very impressive GM.

On second thought, I'm not concerned. I have a feeling this guy wouldn't know a Saturn if it ran over him. He probably thought "Lithium-Ion, Saturn Ion... they're the same thing!"

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think in this segment, it's more important for the car to stand out and make a statement than be sexy. Hopefully it won't look too generic or people might look past it.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I hope they just get it here ASAP. I think the 2 door ion was an alright looking car. The 4 door not so much but I don't find anything appealing about the Prius at all.I just want the Volt to be ready to go soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts