GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Um, actually I was thinking a of a ute-style truck. It could be the replacement for the Colorado. Heck, the Colorado is so over-priced, you could even use the same prices!

By the way, that coupe is dead sexy!

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I think there's a huge market for something like the Volt that has more batteries for longer range for deliveries, etc. If they had one that got 100 miles, I wonder how much savings that would be for a lot of delivery folks like florists and other smaller firms that do deliveries.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If GM puts the "SS" badge on any Volt they've completely lost their minds.
But what if the SS Volt had a Super Sport button which when pushed changed the programming to allow the petrol engine to come on full power while the battery is also at full or near full charge and over boost the electric motor.

Unlike ICE engines, electric motors can be over boosted to say double their rated horsepower, the limiting factor being overheating and potential damage to the wiring. But for short bursts you can do it, until the sensors say the heat build up is too high. That would have a Nitrous Oxide style effect on the Volt's performance.

;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts