GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volkswagen debuts Passat CC Gold Coast Edition

Volkswagen unveiled a special edition of its new Passat CC sedan last weekend at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Dubbed the Gold Coast Edition, this special edition Passat CC will include a number of unique features when it arrives in showrooms later this year.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-debuts-passat-cc-gold-coast-edition.html

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Seems this would be more appropriate as an Audi.

They have a more upscale brand in the family, why not use it?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Are these legitimate photos? I cannot believe how little gap there is between the tire and the wheel well lips. Can you say "no snow chains/cables"? It looks damn good though.

lol at the passenger foot well space....look how much bare carpet is exposed with no floor mat coverage. Not only can this never be driven in real snow, but you'll want your passenger to remove their shoes before they get in on a rainy day.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are these legitimate photos? I cannot believe how little gap there is between the tire and the wheel well lips. Can you say "no snow chains/cables"? It looks damn good though.
Those are 19" wheels. If you're driving in conditions that make snow chains necessary, you probably won't be using those wheels.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Lots of competion in this price range....mid thirties. But it does look very upscale. The new A4 Audi bumps up in price so this should slot just below.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I remember when GM used snow chain clearance as a design criteria and all there cars looked like the wheels and tires were cartoonishly small. As I recall GM was roundly criticised for this in nearly every review. In fact, I believe I own one those vehicles. However living in Florida is a more than satisfactory solution for snow chain clearance! :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Looks actually pretty good and I am sure very fun to drive!

There is only one problem, it is a Passat. So after the warranty is out you are in a heap of trouble. (I've owned a Passat so I know how unreliable they are).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The interior styling and color scheme are beautiful. You cannot beat VW/Audi for interiors.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I remember when GM used snow chain clearance as a design criteria and all there cars looked like the wheels and tires were cartoonishly small. As I recall GM was roundly criticised for this in nearly every review. In fact, I believe I own one those vehicles. However living in Florida is a more than satisfactory solution for snow chain clearance! :D
;) I had a 1993 Cavalier that I once thought looked pretty good......until I parked next a friend's Civic. We don't need to revisit those days though.

This Passat has "tuner" like clearance. Like I said, it looks amazing, I'd just hate to see a soccer mom attempt to take a snowy pass in one. But like Baloo said, changing out the wheels for winter is an option (necessary?).....but sometimes common sense for us automotive-types isn't so common to the general public.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
I hate editions of cars. Not sure why it bugs me... I just do. Overall I don't mind the new Passat (I saw one the other day), but there's something a little too organic about it. I like a little more edge.

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
Beautiful car. Been in it. It should be fitted with a better engine, though.
Something this premium needs an something a little better than the standard Passat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts