207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Did the videos come up for you guys? They aren't working for me.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Did the videos come up for you guys? They aren't working for me.
yeah, unfortunately the embeded player is not working, but if you look closely under each vid is a link!! Enjoy

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
Damn...GM's doing a fair bit of highlander bashing here...:D

I really wish a Traverse would fit in my garage...*sigh*
No kidding...
Gee...I trust 'them' to do a 'fair' comparison....:rolleyes:

Lets see...the 3rd row seat with golf clubs.
First of all 6 guys do not go golfing in ONE vehicle.
What about the other 4 sets of clubs? Are they gonna rent them?
No...4 guys go and you drop that 3rd row seat.
Or 2 guys go per vehicle. That is how we go golfing.

I like the Chevy guy saying how 'thoughtful' they were in designing their SUV.
I did like the split 3rd row seat but, then again a 3rd row seat is really not for adult sized people.
If they were really thoughtful they would have a true Hybrid version to compare.
That is the only Highlander I would buy anyways. Where is Chevy's Hybrid?
Their Hybrid version is effin sweet and gets great mileage plus rides very nice like any luxury car that I have ever drove.

The cone comparision was 'fixed'. Anyone can 'oversteer' to make any point they want.
Where was the Outside view?

If I were to purchase any of those Lambdas it would be the Buick.
I am sure it's ride (and basic standard 'options') is far superior to any Chevy.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
You can still see some cheapness in the Highlander; I mean, the guy opens the lift, lol and behold, an entire section of the perimeter frame is exposed.
Plus the rear-bench seat looked cheap and flimsy...

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
GM shouldn't even bother with the Traverse - the media is going to jump all over GM still being an SUV company unfortunately. Bring out the Volt first, then the Traverse.

·
Registered
44 Posts
At least this SUV conveys a little intelligence. My wife and I were quite impressed with the Acadia that we looked at at the auto expo. For a vehicle with interior dimensions so close to a Tahoe, the Acadia/ Traverse comes in a concise package. Utilization of space is superb. If GM is to still be labeled as "the SUV Company" then this would be a great SUV to be known by.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Happened to see a white Chevy Traverse on the road (manufacturer plate) in Auburn Hills, MI last week. Very nice...kinda makes the Saturn Outlook irrelevant.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
The 2008 Chevy Uplander's MSRP is $22,320, some $6K less than the vehicle that replaces it: the Traverse. Oh, wait! The Traverse is a "crossover" not a "minivan." What, because it has doors that hinge open like a car or SUV? PT Barnum was right about suckers. Like Ford, GM walked away from the market like a coward and let Chrysler take the domestic minivan market by doing little to entice people to the all around best type of people-mover available: the minivan. Now the best minivans out available are not even from America.

The GM minivans were very competitive vehicles at one time. I know; I'm on my third. And now that I'm ready for another, GM has failed to offer any kind of minivan. So has Ford. Instead they hand us a Suburban replacement that costs thousands more but lacks the convenience of sliding doors, the comfort of a larger passenger area, the economy and smooth ride of car-based platform, and the utility of a large cargo area. My Venture is better than the Traverse in all of those catagories. Minivans offer all of those things at a reasonable price; crossovers do not.

The minivan isn't the only type of vehicle that GM has given up on. Where are the station wagons and large coupes that the Europeans and Asians continue to offer sell? These three vehicle styles are real Americana. Rather than compete by offering modern, high quality versions, they tucked tail and ran. Cowards, I tell ya!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts