·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I would never grow tired of that sound.

Reactions: sfbreh

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
About seven days and I think the release of road and track various reviews release.....

The new z06 is an awesome machine for enthusiasts...

Great video and great sounds ...

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
80 to 85 percent of c7 z06 pre orders interestingly enough are for the 8L90 transmission....

I believe around 5000 total orders to date...about 800 for the m7 and 4000 for the A8....

Now that's been a big shocker to gm production....who I believe assumed production requirements closer to 50/50....

I have to say the 8L90 performance claims have many enthusiasts chomping at the bit for the actiual comparison performance testing of the A8 versus m7 z06

Is auto guide considering this track comparo to meet demand of this topic?

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's because it is a race car.
Its not a race car, its got more power, I suspect this car can actually race bone stock and probably hold its own against race cars.. Due to high torque and high horsepower, I suspect its going to be right up there with 918, P1 and La Ferrari in lap times.. probably slower but not by much and on some tracks, it just might put down better lap times..

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
80 to 85 percent of c7 z06 pre orders interestingly enough are for the 8L90 transmission....

I believe around 5000 total orders to date...about 800 for the m7 and 4000 for the A8....

Now that's been a big shocker to gm production....who I believe assumed production requirements closer to 50/50....

I have to say the 8L90 performance claims have many enthusiasts chomping at the bit for the actiual comparison performance testing of the A8 versus m7 z06

Is auto guide considering this track comparo to meet demand of this topic?
Fast autos are the present and future in performance cars. Why do yo think this gen Viper isn't selling that well. Ford should offer a dual clutch in the new GT350 too, it would sell really well.

Reactions: JBsZ06

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Fast autos are the present and future in performance cars ...
I believe that's for three reasons: demographics (older customers can better afford these cars and don't want to row), AT shifting performance has improved, and the higher power being put into these cars makes shifting yourself a bit more daunting.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think whomever idea it was to put an Auto8 in the Z-Champ is a genius. Now there are going to be quite a few used C7 Z51's lightly used for sale closer to 55k than the 70k plus they sticker for. God bless America and our obsession with speed and scaring the crap out of ourselves. Racing a Z06/Z07 must be a religious experience with all the adrenaline and fear and confronting it and going pedal to the floor through the twisty's.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Really like the newer blue color..........dark blue is now my favorite. Actually it's a lot like the famous Guardsman Blue of the Cobra Daytona coupes.......sweet !
Red and Blue... I'd take either!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts