GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
The V10 is in what will be a 70-100K sports car. Not exactly a high take rate for those kind of cars.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It may not be called the NSX. At least if Honda fans have their way, but Honda's CEO is demanding that it beats both the GT-R and Lexus LF-A around the ring.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hopefully we will be able to get a RWD only base model with SH-AWD for the top level But knowing Acura it will probably be AWD only

killer looks though and the engine will be a gem

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I'm not a fan of a V10 exhaust note. I guess on the racetrack, it's cool. But a Viper sounds like poo on the street.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not a fan of a V10 exhaust note. I guess on the racetrack, it's cool. But a Viper sounds like poo on the street.
one of my neighbours has a viper and you're right it sounds too high pitched at low speeds, hopefully this one will sound OK but maybe there will be a V8 spinoff of this motor for the RL, and maybe the Ridge, it desperately needs it.....diesel too

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
Let's face it. The Japanese have been historically unable to develop powerful engines until recently. The import tuner crowd wanted to have us believe in this absurd "silent agreement" between the major Japanese mfr's...
A now-defunct agreement between the major Japanese auto manufacturers to limit the maximum engine power of their cars to 280 PS (206 kW or 276 hp).
Nothing but crap. The tuner crowd and import fanboys have been lied to all these years, and we've been saying all along the Japanese can't make a decent sportscar engine.
They still can't make a decent sportscar engine.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
one of my neighbours has a viper and you're right it sounds too high pitched at low speeds, hopefully this one will sound OK but maybe there will be a V8 spinoff of this motor for the RL, and maybe the Ridge, it desperately needs it.....diesel too
Dude. You spelled 'neighbors' wrong. This forum software does have a spellcheck, you know...

·
Banned
1,083 Posts

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
It may not be called the NSX. At least if Honda fans have their way, but Honda's CEO is demanding that it beats both the GT-R and Lexus LF-A around the ring.
Honda's CEO shouldn't be worried about porky pigs like the GT-R or Lexus, he should be worried about the new RingKing, the Corvette ZR-1. :yup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts