GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,353 Posts
Those Idiots. Why do people attempt to torpedoe American products in the name of Journalism?
What is the difference between the H3 and some imports like the Toyota FJ?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Those Idiots. Why do people attempt to torpedoe American products in the name of Journalism?
A whole lot of insecurity and I-hate-myself destructive attitude. GM reminds them of the successful and popular high school football captain who got all the ladies. They have been fighting that notion their whole, sad lives.

Journalist, for the most part, aren't the smartest bunch out there*. If they were they probably would have gone to engineering, medical or business school. ;)

* GMInsideNews reporters and friends not included. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
These folks are full of crap! The H3 is freakin' badass. Even my aunt, a devoted Toyota-stian for over three decades just bought an Alpha and absolutely loves it. She cross-shopped it with the FJ and the 4-Runner, and said she could not shake the appeal.
Oh man, cool feature, when you put the H3 in reverse, there's a backup camera, only it retracts from the rear view mirror. How freakin' awesome is that?!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Oh man, cool feature, when you put the H3 in reverse, there's a backup camera, only it retracts from the rear view mirror. How freakin' awesome is that?!
So that's why the rear view is so damn big. I sat in an Alpha at the local car show and was thinking wtf?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
i think the H3T is going to be pretty cool, but if the MSRP really is around $40k with a V8, i can't imagine what would keep anyone from buying a Silverado instead. it's just a little steep.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
The H3 doesn't bend the frame rails when it goes over a curb?
Nice!!!

Seriously, what a cobbled together review.

Looks like a nice truck to me.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
They probably never asked themselves....what other pick up truck out there could do what this one does??

With rear AND front lockers now, this truck will be unstoppable off road. All it needs is a solid front axle and I'd call it perfection.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These folks are full of crap! The H3 is freakin' badass. Even my aunt, a devoted Toyota-stian for over three decades just bought an Alpha and absolutely loves it. She cross-shopped it with the FJ and the 4-Runner, and said she could not shake the appeal.
what group are you calling idiots? This is a one man show. Do you ever watch his show? He is ALWAYS favorable to GM vehicles. Watch his show now and then FOLKS

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I agree with his analysis. I can't see it selling well with its very high selling price and exceptonally poor gas mileage. It's too bad because it is,IMO, a great looking vehicle.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
If it is what your looking for, the $40K price for the H3T is over $ 15K less then the H2 SUT but still over 10K more then a Ford Explorer Sport Track.

I would be surprised if it was a big seller, but it probably is an inexpensive way to expand the product line. Plus, if Hummer is planning on going smaller and competeing with Jeep, the H2 may not be around for too much longer.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I just wish GM would have Intro'd this at the same time as the H3 three years ago. If they had, they'd have sold all they could make. As it is now, with gas prices the way they are, I don't see it setting the sales charts on fire. I personally like it, but I'm typically a non-conformist, non-politically correct kinda guy anyway!

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I agree with his analysis. I can't see it selling well with its very high selling price and exceptonally poor gas mileage. It's too bad because it is,IMO, a great looking vehicle.
The mileage isn't that bad...I've seen an average of around 17 with the V8 in the regular H3 Alpha in a review from 4 Wheeler (which by the way gave the H3 Alpha 4X4 of the year)

Also...it's $40k for the ALPHA version....if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Hmm, he's right. Not much functionality. High price. Poor fuel efficiency. What is there to like about it?

Hummer is a brand GM would be better without, like several others. While Hummer may generate a profit measured on its own, it turns off A LOT of buyers from GM and is a PR headache to have to explain. It will be more and more out of place with the market going forward.

Mark

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Hmm, he's right. Not much functionality. High price. Poor fuel efficiency. What is there to like about it?

Hummer is a brand GM would be better without, like several others. While Hummer may generate a profit measured on its own, it turns off A LOT of buyers from GM and is a PR headache to have to explain. It will be more and more out of place with the market going forward.

Mark
Not when Hummer goes fuel cell...;) Prime candidate because of the vehicle sizes and gas use. No image problem then.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
The H3T is a cool truck, but with the way gas prices are going they should offer a Diesel or make the 2-Mode standard equipment. They should discontinue the H2 with the flat bed, its just so small thats its useless. I was also shocked to hear that you need to use premium on the FJ Cruiser. What was Toyota thinking?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts