GM Inside News Forum banner

Vid Pickuptruck.com: Trans Ams Need Not Apply

4K views 37 replies 31 participants last post by  agilefalcon16 
#1 ·
#6 ·
God, the profile shot is horrible.

Anything pretty on it is the front end, but hey, I love the G8 so there you go....

#8 ·
Pontiac Aussie?

#9 ·
This should be a GMC not a Pontiac!!! What is Pontiac getting whatever it can so it can stay alive??? This is NOT for the American market. Look how well the SSR survived, not to mention the El Camino of the 70's. This will be just another car we'll see "below the border" soon. :(

#10 ·
Well most GMC dealers also sell Pontiac, so I dont see what a difference it would make, anyone else care to chime in? The American market hasnt had a decent sport ute in years. SSR was half assed, too expensive, and not functional in the least bit. It was also retro, which people like me hate. Many people have good memories and enjoyed the El Camino of the 70's. Its not like this car is going to sell 200k a year. Its a small demographic, and they already had most of the car being built.

I would seriously consider one of these with a V6 as I like sitting lower to the ground and MPG over a truck, but could haul my bike with one of these.

#15 ·
Pontiac Vapor. The division is running on empty promises and yesterday's news. It lacks imagination and doesn't fit into what a Pontiac is. I can't wait for this entire Pontiac decision to come crashing down on top of Putz and Ole Wagoneer. This is going to be delicious!

#17 ·
Give Pontiac a 2nd chance. Besides, Chevrolet has enough great products in the pipe line. When Camaro/Colt/ZR1 are all roaming the streets, the least we can do is give Pontiac this, and it looks like the G8.

I am excited for a GM vehicle to be the only one with this steering wheel.

#23 ·
What got me worried here is that with gas prices going up by the time this cars arrive at dealers will people be able to afford gas for them, I love big v8 but I think GM needs to worry more about making 4 and 6 cylinder cars that can get from 30 to 45 mpg because thats what really makes the profits

#24 ·
The fuel economy in the Ute shouldn't be any worse than my Charger Daytona. I fill up about once a month, so even if 87 oct is at $4 a gallon I'd still go for the HSV version if offered...

Now if I didn't have a company truck I'd be looking at a diesel VW Jetta or the like... LOL

#25 ·
I think the G8 "whatever it will be called" sport truck is a good fit for Pontiac performance. Sure it is a niche vehicle and not everyone will want one but it fits in nicely with the G8 family of RWD performance cars.

Now all Pontiac needs is the Manaro 60 coupe version to round out the G8 family.

I would love to see a new El Camino but the G8 sport truck would look out of place as a Chevy or GMC with a G8 interior and styling. Plus, the volume would not be there to justify the design cost of changing that.

#34 ·
holden are selling more v8s now than ever and were paying around $1.51 a litre for 98 ron bp ultimate. there are 3.79 litres to 1 US gallon , and .92c US = 1 AUD, with these figures we are paying $5.26 US a gallon. AND we pay a **** load more for the car to start with. what Im trying to say is if you want a v8 just get 1 and accept this as 1 of the cons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.