·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
God, the profile shot is horrible.

Anything pretty on it is the front end, but hey, I love the G8 so there you go....

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Pontiac Aussie?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
This should be a GMC not a Pontiac!!! What is Pontiac getting whatever it can so it can stay alive??? This is NOT for the American market. Look how well the SSR survived, not to mention the El Camino of the 70's. This will be just another car we'll see "below the border" soon. :(

·
Registered
580 Posts
This should be a GMC not a Pontiac!!! What is Pontiac getting whatever it can so it can stay alive??? This is NOT for the American market. Look how well the SSR survived, not to mention the El Camino of the 70's. This will be just another car we'll see "below the border" soon. :(
Well most GMC dealers also sell Pontiac, so I dont see what a difference it would make, anyone else care to chime in? The American market hasnt had a decent sport ute in years. SSR was half assed, too expensive, and not functional in the least bit. It was also retro, which people like me hate. Many people have good memories and enjoyed the El Camino of the 70's. Its not like this car is going to sell 200k a year. Its a small demographic, and they already had most of the car being built.

I would seriously consider one of these with a V6 as I like sitting lower to the ground and MPG over a truck, but could haul my bike with one of these.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It's intention is not to sell high volumes, but fill the Pontiac brand with another niche vehicle. This vehicle doesn't have any overlap with any other GM brand, nor has any real direct competition in the market. Cost to bring the Ute here was minimal in comparison to fronting the cost for an entire vehicle program without any derivatives or export in mind.

It's strikingly different than anything else out there. GM continues to offer vehicles that are all over the spectrum. I for one am thankful GM still operates in a fashion to over vehicles with unique personalities. Honestly not everyone wants to drive a Corolla or Camry.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
How about the Pontiac G8 ShouldaImportedtheWagonInstead?

Too long?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
It's intention is not to sell high volumes, but fill the Pontiac brand with another niche vehicle. This vehicle doesn't have any overlap with any other GM brand, nor has any real direct competition in the market. Cost to bring the Ute here was minimal in comparison to fronting the cost for an entire vehicle program without any derivatives or export in mind.

It's strikingly different than anything else out there. GM continues to offer vehicles that are all over the spectrum. I for one am thankful GM still operates in a fashion to over vehicles with unique personalities. Honestly not everyone wants to drive a Corolla or Camry.
could not have said it better myself except for, "not everyone wants to drive a stupidly big 5100+lbs truck"

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Pontiac Vapor. The division is running on empty promises and yesterday's news. It lacks imagination and doesn't fit into what a Pontiac is. I can't wait for this entire Pontiac decision to come crashing down on top of Putz and Ole Wagoneer. This is going to be delicious!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Here's an Idea...Why don't we call it, "Chevrolet El Camino" !!! It save GM a ton of money in marketing and it will sell a lot more units that this pontiac ever will.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Here's an Idea...Why don't we call it, "Chevrolet El Camino" !!! It save GM a ton of money in marketing and it will sell a lot more units that this pontiac ever will.

Give Pontiac a 2nd chance. Besides, Chevrolet has enough great products in the pipe line. When Camaro/Colt/ZR1 are all roaming the streets, the least we can do is give Pontiac this, and it looks like the G8.

I am excited for a GM vehicle to be the only one with this steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I guess this vehicle will never be imported to Canada since only US residents can win.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts