1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
The last comment about the slogan was pretty good in my opinion.

Fantastic car, it will definately be in the running for my next vehicle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My mom wants to replace her 1998 Suburban with one of these. She is considering a used V6 for price and fuel economy. So We'll have to wait a bit to get once of course. I hope she gets one though!

5,934 Posts
"Tiger in the tank"

Nice. That car has grown on me. I like the low front overhang. Should turn heads at the stoplight, then amazement as the other driver sees it's a Pontiac. "That's a Ponitac?!!" That my friends is the sound of perceptions changing ...

I can already see that feeble couple at the dragstip running this thing on a Friday night.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
the G8 GT is one sweet looking car... the color really brings out it's personality too...

I hope that it does well...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I got to drive a Black G8 GT yesterday. Awesome Car! The interior is great, the backseat is huge. It had the 18's with all season tires, grip wise, it is BEGGING for the 19's with summer sport tires. I did not feel comfortable with the grip at all, but thats because of the crappy regular tires on the 18. The steering is also a bit numb and doesnt like mid corner bumps. But other than that, it handles great and the chassis is superb. Definitely no complaints about the engine, it hauls ass. Its neat too how it blips the throttle on downshifts.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Looks pretty good. I haven't seen one on the road yet, but I'd like to see one in person.

I'm still rather displeased with the "Pontiac is Car" slogan.

Like the narrator of the video, I dislike the silly red dash lighting that Pontiac insists is tied to its image. Please don't try to convince me it's easier to see at night ... for me, it's the opposite.

Let's hope the G8 helps Pontiac dealers move some metal.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Really sweet video work on that site. You have some very good finds out there for unique articles 91 s-10baja. I also like some of the obscure road tests you've found scans of from the 1960's-1980's. Those are always a fun retrospective. Thanks.

Looks like a sweet ride. I can't wait to see one on the road as up until now, the only one I've seen was at the LA Autoshow. They stupidly mounted it high up and at an angle on a turntable so it was hard to get a good look at and they completely ruined the low, hunkered down effect by placing it so high.

One consistent thing I've noted is that many of the articles simultaneously praise the handling while noting initial body roll. I really dislike body roll, so I'd have to go with either the GXP suspension or aftermarket antirollbars. Pontiac would do well to offer a "sport" option package for the suspension that addresses this very issue. I'd bet a lot of people would go for that, especially since they may not want to pay the gas prices required for the full GXP. Kind of like how Mercedes offers AMG kits for non-AMG cars, and BMW has the M-sport package on non-M cars. First things first though, bring manuals.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Really sweet video work on that site. You have some very good finds out there for unique articles 91 s-10baja. I also like some of the obscure road tests you've found scans of from the 1960's-1980's. Those are always a fun retrospective. Thanks.
Thanks, I am trying SO HARD right now to organize myself so I can start scanning more in, and I have transferred all my Motorweek, Motortrend TV, C&D TV, Autoweek TV, and various others from VHS to DVD, now I need to get a software where I can crop them and upload to Youtube. I will get it done, I PROMISE

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
"...how about this: 'Pontiac, We build Excitement'."

I love it! It's like I've never even heard it before...

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
I may be in the minority when I say this, but I do like the more understated looks of the G8, particularly in GT trim. I think this review-particularly with respect to the advertising slogan-is pretty fair.

Thanks, I am trying SO HARD right now to organize myself so I can start scanning more in, and I have transferred all my Motorweek, Motortrend TV, C&D TV, Autoweek TV, and various others from VHS to DVD, now I need to get a software where I can crop them and upload to Youtube. I will get it done, I PROMISE
I, too, appreciate the work you do for this site, 91 s-10baja. FWIW, I naturally gravitate to your posts; you generally post interesting selections.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.