GM Inside News Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i put my vibe in reverse it makes this annoying beeping sound! i dont know if the auto's do this as well but my 6spd beeps when in reverse. as the months go by this sounds gets more and more annoying. i try to avoid going in reverse because of it (haha, not really). anyway if any other Vibe owners share this hatred be sure to voice your opinion..

·
Registered
17 Posts
maybe its a reverse sensing system inserted by GM unexpectedly! or maybe it is a tracking device so that GM can track our every move and put a Chevy dealership where we most often visit! (jk jk our fateful GM would not do that to us! or would they?)

·
Registered
785 Posts
A friend I know just bought a used Gran Prix (I dont know the year but its not old) and it does that beeping sound when it backs up as if its some large 18 wheeler or something. She says she hates it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
all 6 speed vibe have that buzzer
its in the owners manual ,,
i think it because its next to a fwd gear and i "safety thing"
my auto thankfull does not do that

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by CANADIAN@May 16 2004, 04:29 AM
maybe its a reverse sensing system inserted by GM unexpectedly! or maybe it is a tracking device so that GM can track our every move and put a Chevy dealership where we most often visit! (jk jk our fateful GM would not do that to us! or would they?)
yes they would lol :lol:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I remember the days when we would have to watch
our surroundings to know if we were going in reverse
or forward. I guess people are too busy these days
to actually watch for themselves! :unsure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.