GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :) I don't get sick very often, which is amazing since my son is a perfect carrier. I fought hard not to get it, but the fever hit today and I knew I was sunk.

The sad thing is, I am supposed to sing with the Praise Team at church tomorrow for the first time. I don't know if I will have a voice. My son is the lead guitar for the Praise Band.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Me neither, but when it happens I'm useless.

You need to get better by tomorrow then! 😉

Btw, love BL video.

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
I do like the approach, but will the dealers follow through? My expectation is to be able to go to a dealer and have a private room, a classy experience - like the ad portrayed. But will the reality be a 55 year old greasy guy who has been shilling Ford's for 35 years and takes you out to the lot and say "this is what we got, pick one"?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I do like the approach, but will the dealers follow through? My expectation is to be able to go to a dealer and have a private room, a classy experience - like the ad portrayed. But will the reality be a 55 year old greasy guy who has been shilling Ford's for 35 years and takes you out to the lot and say "this is what we got, pick one"?
:lmao: Been there.

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will have to get ahold of Patrick at Sanderson Lincoln and see if they are going to be a Black Label store.

As I have posted in other threads, they are a very classy dealership that projects the correct image and truly give that luxury experience. They do not have customers, they have guests.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
This was just posted on FIN yesterday. I'm not embedding it correctly. I am sick, I have no patience, and my brain isn't working right (yep, can you say fever). I just thought it was worth posting.
I hope you're feeling better. I came down with something last week and only now am I feeling better.

Wow. I guess you have to be white and between the ages of 30 and 40 to buy a Lincoln.

And if you're a man, you're only allowed to shave once a week at most.

I have always thought that Ford (Lincoln) did a very, very good website (certainly better than Cadillacs).

Black Label, as long as it lasts, will be good for incremental sales.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I think this Black Label is a step to far in Lincoln's evolution.....You can't suddenly go from an also ran luxury player to a bespoke luxury car designer.....seems a very strange step to take, and one that could end poorly.....

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I think this Black Label is a step to far in Lincoln's evolution.....You can't suddenly go from an also ran luxury player to a bespoke luxury car designer.....seems a very strange step to take, and one that could end poorly.....
It may end one day, but it won't be for the reasons you list. If it does end it will be because few use it. That remains to be seen, but it won't do Lincoln any harm.

This sort of thing is not expensive to do, by the way. It's very good window dressing. Who knows? It may prove popular. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Well you certainly can't do it if you don't try. The same could have been said for Cadillac going from an also ran FWD boat based company to a player in the luxury sports sedan market. It will be interesting a year from now to see what percentage of Lincoln sales BL represents.

As for how it ends, I doubt we'll see reports of 30,000 BL MKZs sitting on dealer lots!

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
I think it's quite the opposite, Lincoln now looks to be designing themes for their customers
and by golly, I bet a lot of those buyers like the idea of cars being designed "just for them",
the perception at least that this car has been designed for you. A master stroke if it works..

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Well you certainly can't do it if you don't try. The same could have been said for Cadillac going from an also ran FWD boat based company to a player in the luxury sports sedan market. It will be interesting a year from now to see what percentage of Lincoln sales BL represents.

As for how it ends, I doubt we'll see reports of 30,000 BL MKZs sitting on dealer lots!
Well...

Black Label vehicles will be custom ordered, so they won't sit on lots. Nice try.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Well...

Black Label vehicles will be custom ordered, so they won't sit on lots. Nice try.
Reading comprehension fail! You're so flipping defensive you can't even see when someone is on the same side of the debate as you. :fall:

Edit: You're also a tad bit naive if you believe that Lincoln won't have a few on the lot and available.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
Reading comprehension fail! You're so flipping defensive you can't even see when someone is on the same side of the debate as you. :fall:

Edit: You're also a tad bit naive if you believe that Lincoln won't have a few on the lot and available.
From what I gather, there are four themes, so it's likely that some dealer/inventory stock will be available
but definitly not loads on the ground, My guess would be to use them as floor stock and see what happens..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts