1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
And with a government decree stipulating that PDVSA, the state run Venezuelan oil company, will pay for the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the required gas cylinders, General Motors (GM) is now planning to start an annual production of 40,000 natural gas vehicles.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1109-Dallas-Environmental-Policy-Examiner~y2008m10d17-Venezuelas-Chavez-provides-citizens-with-free-natural-gas-vehicles
T. Boone Pickens would approve.

This'll never happen in the democratic U.S. Such bold moves require a dictatorship.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Funny, there's absolutely no news of this on the Venezuelan auto news sites.

I'm casting a pall of doubt on the article's validity until I see something from Venezuela...

The only remotely similar news item I've found in the past ten days regarding this is Cinascar (the importer of several Chinese brands into Venezuela) testing a prototype vehicle using CNG.

... and GM fans will be happy to know that Chevy once again ruled the Venezuelan sales charts, with the Aveo, Optra, Aveo5, and Spark holding the top four positions, and the Chevy LUV (Isuzu D-Max) in sixth place on the top-ten car chart!

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
... and GM fans will be happy to know that Chevy once again ruled the Venezuelan sales charts, with the Aveo, Optra, Aveo5, and Spark holding the top four positions, and the Chevy LUV (Isuzu D-Max) in sixth place on the top-ten car chart!
That's pretty interesting. I'm glad that GM is doing well in Venezuela - even if the news of the CNG powered cars isn't making it through the newswires.

However, I wonder how much longer GM will be in Venezuela before Chavez either nationalizes whatever companies are left or GM is kicked out?

I have family down there and they can't seem to leave with their money. It seems that if you move out, you can go, but you cash and property stay with the state.

Sad business.

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
I'm hoping T Bone n Pickin will get on the do-buy list. :)

And he'll pay for the car all by hisself. :D

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
That's pretty interesting. I'm glad that GM is doing well in Venezuela - even if the news of the CNG powered cars isn't making it through the newswires.

However, I wonder how much longer GM will be in Venezuela before Chavez either nationalizes whatever companies are left or GM is kicked out?

I have family down there and they can't seem to leave with their money. It seems that if you move out, you can go, but you cash and property stay with the state.

Sad business.
There are always ways around things like this. Ask people who got out of the Iron Curtain ;)

For Western Union? :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts