GM Inside News Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

· Registered
594 Posts

· Registered
11,217 Posts
Why does this matter? I don't think a new badge will do much to improve brand image.
As I suppose your avatar and this picture will attest to.

How'd that work out for them? :rolleyes:

· Registered
10,674 Posts
It always amazing how Brits think Fords are actually British. Maybe it has something to do with the non-existence of their once proud auto industry. Need to latch onto something, and the Ford name is quite British in origin.
Might be something to do with some of the Ford products they were responsible for. The Lotus Cortina, The Ford GT40 and the Zephyr/zodiac of old come to mind.

· Registered
10,674 Posts
Heres a crappy pic of the caprice... you can just see the badge there.

I like a description of the holden badge I heard from another thread, A Lion playing Basketball...

Normal Badge:
The laurel around the badge is interesting. Here a lot of people and I mean a lot buy gold laurels that look the same and put them around the badge on the C pillar their car. You see them even on Benzes but a lot on Buicks.

· Registered
10,674 Posts
The gold Bow-Tie is supposed to be on the Trucks.
Blue = Cars
Gold = Trucks
Or that's the way it used to be. Silver would look best on the cars and SUVs fo sure, but the silver on the trucks wouldn't be quite right, because of the chrome bar they sit on. I think colour keyed looks best on the trucks. Or just black on any colour truck.
Chevy cars here in China have a gold bow tie

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.