GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM Canada Announces Cadillac CTS-V Pricing

OSHAWA, Ontario (October 21, 2003) - GM Canada today announced pricing for the all-new 2004 CTS-V high-performance luxury sedan. The CTS-V will arrive in dealerships beginning in January 2004 priced at $70,000, excluding applicable taxes and freight.

CTS-V is the first in the new V-Series line of Cadillac luxury performance vehicles and features a 400 horsepower 5.7-liter V8, six-speed manual transmission, large Brembo performance brakes at all four corners, 18-inch wheels and tires, performance-tuned shocks, springs and stabilizer bars, Stabilitrak with four driver-selected modes of operation and a host of interior and exterior styling refinements.

Like the original CTS, CTS-V was refined and validated at Germany's famed Nurburgring test track to meet the expectations of the world's most avid driving enthusiasts.

"V-Series will take Cadillac's performance credentials to an entirely new level," said Norm Sawula, Cadillac marketing manager. "As the first in a series of high-performance luxury vehicles, CTS-V proves we are serious about winning over a new generation of luxury performance car enthusiasts."

·
Registered
750 Posts
is that canadian or US$?

·
Registered
750 Posts
yeah I realized that now, im an idiot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by Nocturn_Bird@Oct 23 2003, 12:21 AM
Don't worry. That was my first reaction too. I figured it to be a misprint because that price wouldn't compete with the M3. I'm definitely interested in it though. Maybe I'll take a look at the 2005 pretty seriously.

·
Registered
396 Posts
$70 grand for the CTSv is cheaper than paying the $50+ grand americans will pay, considering the difference in our two respective dollars.

have fun.

BTW, by the end of the year, it is expected that the canadian dollar will be about $0.85 to the american dollar. soon, we'll be on par with eachother. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

that'll be around the same time that canada takes over the US and declares war on russia. i **** you not, it's gonna happen :ninja:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu@Oct 25 2003, 07:23 PM
that'll be around the same time that canada takes over the US and declares war on russia. i **** you not, it's gonna happen :ninja:
See all you Americans, we have pot up here too :lol:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by Dumb_Ass_2003+Oct 26 2003, 08:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dumb_Ass_2003 @ Oct 26 2003, 08:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mackingu@Oct 25 2003, 07:23 PM
See all you Americans, we have pot up here too :lol: [/b][/quote]
we have better quality ces and hydro. infact, our ces is considered to be as good as 'dro in some circles. it's a known fact.

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
Originally posted by moman1+Oct 22 2003, 08:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moman1 @ Oct 22 2003, 08:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nocturn_Bird@Oct 23 2003, 12:21 AM
Don't worry. That was my first reaction too. I figured it to be a misprint because that price wouldn't compete with the M3. I'm definitely interested in it though. Maybe I'll take a look at the 2005 pretty seriously. [/b][/quote]
The CTS-v is competing with the M5...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts