GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good site that breaks down US/North America part percentages? I have a guy that is claiming that Toyota is the most American of any car manufacturer. I thought the F150 used to hold that position but I am not sure of that.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
In 2005 GM, Ford and Chrysler manufactured over 75 percent of all vehicles in the U.S. Average domestic content was 82 percent. Toyota's is 41 percent (Lexus is 3 percent). 82% parts in the average GM car or truck are domestic content.
Honda 49%
Toyota 41%
Nissan 38%
BMW 11%

From 11/22/2006 Autoline Detroit

GM/DCX/Ford Responsible directly and indirectly for over 7 million jobs in the USA. Toyota direct and indirect employment 240k.

GM/DCX/Ford spent $38 Billion in capital investments in the US and US economy over the last 4 years 2002-2005

GM/DCX/Ford spent $21B on R&D in 2005

GM/DCX/Ford $171 Billion in parts and components in 2005.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the numbers guys!

That cars.com piece was interesting but a little skewed. They figured in sales and not just build location. Interesting to see the camry fall 10% in parts count.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Thanks for the numbers guys!

That cars.com piece was interesting but a little skewed. They figured in sales and not just build location. Interesting to see the camry fall 10% in parts count.
Any drop in Camry domestic content would probably be tied to the hybrid model because none (or very few) of hybrid powertrain suppliers are North American (and many of the hybrid Camrys are imported).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.