GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Waterloo Premium Outlets, NY on Saturday, and caught this Chevy Beat with a NYS dealer plate on it.

We followed it for a while, but it was kinda leery and we lost it..

The tires seem to a bit narrow... probably 185/??/14 or 15 ones...

After a few hours when we're about to head back to Buffalo, we found the beat sitting silently there in the rainy parking lot.

The bowtie mark is already on there!

After walking around the beat for a while, I can say that it's definitely smaller than a Honda Fit...

The eagle-eye headlights looks pretty good in person actually, and they don't seem too big at all for me. The front quarter looks a bit like Citereon C2 (and so does its size)

Is this a sign of the Chevy Beat coming state-side?
It's got the looks, all I'm worried about is its size v.s. fuel economy...

· Registered
9,679 Posts
That's a pretty interesting situation. Even if they were showing them to dealers why wouldn't it have manufacturer's plates on it?

Notice that it's a Euro spec. car as it has a rear fog lamp and Euro front plate holder.

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Where are the pics of the interior? J/k Good pics. The cars looks closely to the Yaris. First thing to go if I were to get the car are the wheels.

· Registered
1,390 Posts
Thanks for these shots they seem to confirm that GM was lying so other manufacturers would be caught without a competitive micro car when the Beat arrives. I really see a LTZ model that is able to compete with the very bottom of the Mini range to give people some options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.