GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 05 Uplander's rear power sliding door alarm will go off and no matter how well we shut the door it won't stop! After about a day or so it stops and works fine! This is even on manual! Tonight it decided to open itself at 45 mph on the highway and when I shut it the alarm started and hasn't stopped yet! Any ideas on this? We quit using it after it stopped last time until it opened itself tonight and now the nightmare continues! How can we shut that thing up? Our son now knows why I insist on seat belts even if it wasn't a law!!! I am sick of this thing! And can now tell my husband a "Chevy Man" that my old "only a Nissan rule" may not be so bad after all!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have an 06 and had a similar problem, but it never opened while the van was in motion. A trip to the dealer solved the issue and I have never had the problem again in over a year. Here is the service description:

Inspected to find history coded B3260 B1292 in PSDM. Found updated software fo PSDM--performed reinitialization checked and all OK.

So you may either have dirty sensors (which I was told can cause the problem) or maybe the software update will do the trick.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
I think there are several TSB's for this problem, perhaps even a recall. Call a Chevy dealer and give the service dept. your VIN to check.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Also don't treat this bad experience as an altering one and assume that all chevys are bad. (Some other models from chevy and GM for that matter actually have good quality) The Uplander and it's siblings however were disasters in terms of quality and reliability. You don't have to do too much digging here to find that your are not the only one that has experienced problems with this vehicle.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Also don't treat this bad experience as an altering one and assume that all chevys are bad. (Some other models from chevy and GM for that matter actually have good quality) The Uplander and it's siblings however were disasters in terms of quality and reliability. You don't have to do too much digging here to find that your are not the only one that has experienced problems with this vehicle.
I wouldn't call them disasters. It's well known that the 05 models had many bugs to be worked out that should have been addressed during regular service visits. To call them disasters is stretching the truth. Our 2 year old Uplander has had a few of the regular issues, but they were all addressed correctly by our local dealer---that's the key to the difference here. If you get a service department that doesn't look into the true cause of the issues then your problems will not be fixed therefore leading to the conclusion that the van sucks.

It's really a decent (not great) van--but only if your service dept does you right by fixing the known bugs correctly and the first time! I think the van is OK and there are better choices, but my wife loves it and that's all that matters to me:)

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I wouldn't call them disasters. It's well known that the 05 models had many bugs to be worked out that should have been addressed during regular service visits. To call them disasters is stretching the truth. Our 2 year old Uplander has had a few of the regular issues, but they were all addressed correctly by our local dealer---that's the key to the difference here. If you get a service department that doesn't look into the true cause of the issues then your problems will not be fixed therefore leading to the conclusion that the van sucks.

It's really a decent (not great) van--but only if your service dept does you right by fixing the known bugs correctly and the first time! I think the van is OK and there are better choices, but my wife loves it and that's all that matters to me:)
True later models were not as riddled with bugs and glitches as the 05 model. But I said the word disaster because I've seen a few models with so many problems that it made me wonder sometimes how they managed to get through quality control. Also The Detroit News had an article about these vans a few years back and a GM engineer that they interviewed had no idea why the doors were so problematic (even though it was engineers and designers like him that designed the van to begin with)

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Later models?

With Pontiac, the '05 is the last year for minivans.

Not quite While all of the other minivans were phased out Chevy decided to stick with the uplander for a little while longer and it is still listed on chevys website

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Later models?

With Pontiac, the '05 is the last year for minivans.
Not in Canada. The '09s should be hitting lots soon. :yup:

BUt these vans have been disasters in many ways. There's a person with a Relay that's on YouTube showing the erractic activating of the door and lights in the van. They've had it in for service countless times to no avail, and they're not the only ones. My Dad's '05 has been mostly trouble free, but the left side sliding door doesn't like to latch at the back most fo the time, the dealer couldn't do anything to fix it. He also does not have power sliding on this one.

One thing a buddy of mine noticed that fixed some of the issues people were having (he's a tech at a P/B/G dealer) is the pins on the door jamb. Someitmes they're sticking, causing the door to do weird things. Make sure they all move freely.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Not quite While all of the other minivans were phased out Chevy decided to stick with the uplander for a little while longer and it is still listed on chevys website
I think he meant the SV6, not the vans altogether. Except in Canada, as I noted above. The vans should die after '09 AFAIK. The Traverse and the rest of the Lambdas along with hopefully a North American Zafira are intended to replace them for now...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I removed the fuse (15 AMP and I think it is the #15) that goes to the power door mechanism to prevent the chime from dinging. I had previously gone through the procedure for making the power door on my 2005 Terraza supposedly work properly (and it didn't). Does anyone know which wire I could cut or remove to stop the door chime from ringing even though the doors are fully closed and the mechanism would still close and open?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
The one condition I had when my wife said she wanted the uplander was no power doors. The contacts always cause issues in my area no matter how clean you keep them. The uplanders are not the only ones with this issue. I had a friend drive her Kia over 50 miles with the doors open to the kia dealer to fix hers. My neighbors also had the same thing happen to there Honda van. Other than attracting a deer 3 days after we bought ours the uplander has been painless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts