·
Premium Member
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Holden Barina Spied

Australian Car Advice
27 June 2008
www.caradvice.com.au

The upcoming Holden Barina facelift has been spied on the streets of Sydney - and it looks very happy to say the least.

Recently released in Europe as the Chevrolet Aveo, the new Barina is the creation of General Motor’s Korean design team.

The exterior changes are more than obvious, sporting a completely new front end design with new headlights, grille and bumper.

The new Barina is expected to make its official Australian debut in the coming weeks.

Click here to continue article

·
Registered
697 Posts
OMG! They should totaly bring that here! Of course they won't, because the N. American market NEVER gets any thing good. We're all about gas guzzling SUVs and Fleetwood Broughams. Are you listenting, GM? I totaly know like 456,378 people who would put a deposit on this right now from only seeing a picture. Bring it here and all your woes are over!

BRING IT!

·
Registered
315 Posts
OMG! They should totaly bring that here! Of course they won't, because the N. American market NEVER gets any thing good. We're all about gas guzzling SUVs and Fleetwood Broughams. Are you listenting, GM? I totaly know like 456,378 people who would put a deposit on this right now from only seeing a picture. Bring it here and all your woes are over!

BRING IT!
I do believe they are bringing it. That is the new Aveo, and I'm pretty sure the States is getting like I know Canada is.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

BRING IT!

TAKE IT!!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

BRING IT!
GO CHECK IT OUT AT YOUR LOCAL CHEVY DEALER!:D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hopefully this gets replaced soon after the global replacement for the cobalt is done!! These carry overs from daewoo needed to go soon after Daewoo was fully absorbed by GM.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I prefer this front end to the over-the-top upcoming Aveo5's. I does have a funny Pixar smile if you look at it long enough, though. :)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I like how the Holden face is more restrained. That mug on the new Aveo5 does not look good in pictures, but I am looking forward to seeing it in real life

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Does anyone really think the Checy front end looks good? I look at the Audi's and such that have similar treatments 9and for that matter the old Subaru) and wonder who thinks it looks good. If it was there to cater for air induction then maybe but I dont think an Aveo needs that much air.
It is design just to be different sake like the awful things the Bangle school ends up with (I do like elements of their design but I dont think the end product looks good overall -7 and 5 series BMW for instance)

·
Registered
505 Posts
I really like the 3-door version for some reason, I hope it ends up here!!

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Ours looks like it has down syndrome. But I think it may grow on me.

Its growing on me too, but I'd like to see it in person. The Yaris and Fit aren't exactly lookers either.

At ;east the front end style ties in well with the Malibu and Travese and should make sense to consumers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts