GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Freshened 2016 Ford Explorer to debut in L.A.
Bradford Wernle
Automotive News
October 29, 2014

DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co. will reveal the 2016 Ford Explorer at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Nov. 19.

The latest version of the Explorer will go on sale next year in North America, Ford said in a statement today.

Ford did not offer further details about the Explorer, except to say it would have “a new look, added capability and additional driver assist technology.” The 2016 Explorer is expected to be a mid-cycle freshening of Ford’s long-running SUV nameplate.

CONTINUE AT AUTONEWS.COM

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
The Explorer outgrew its segment in size, maybe they should make it smaller and bring back the 3-door?

·
Registered
21,333 Posts
The Explorer outgrew its segment in size, maybe they should make it smaller and bring back the 3-door?
Well then I guess the Lambda/ Tahoe thing must really send you over the edge?

I hope not. Three-row crossovers are where sales are at now. I guess the Edge kind of replaced the older Explorers in size.
Speaking of Edge's, yes size wise the Edge is where the original Explorer was, and we all know a 2-door doesn't exist, because they wouldn't sell.

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
I wonder if they'll make it a real SUV again, or keep it a FWD minivan?
And why Ford switched to unitary and FWD/AWD?
Because most Explorer owners never used their vehicles for off road work, so Ford
moved Explorer in the Soft Roader direction, much to the approval of actual buyers.

Chasing a Jeep off road alternative may not nett the sales people think.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts