GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
If this car is NOT a forecast to some degree of the next Vette, I feel that GM SHOULD make it be! I can imagine those rear "vents" toned down a tad, but I love the profile and front as it. Time for revolutionary vs. evolutionary Vettes!

5,934 Posts
Batmobile.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
No, really? :D I think it's also going to be shown at Detroit as a concept...
It's gotta be. Rather it says concept or not, it's gotta be shown at the very least.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Man.. that is one crazy car!.. Kinda cool. Way to radical for prodction tho.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
It's gotta be. Rather it says concept or not, it's gotta be shown at the very least.
it has to be if GM was willing to reveal this concept now then its most likely NAIAS bound.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I really like the overall theme of it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
There are too many design elements (fender vent, coke bottle fenders, low roof, hood scoop, etc.) for this not to signal some kind of next generation styling.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I could not agree more. PLEASE GM, don't waste yet another stunning concept car!! Tossing out the Riviera without it ending up in showrooms (but with normal doors) dealt a cruel blow to Buick. This "extreme" level of design is just what the next Vette needs to regain its notable singularity vs. the current shades of Viper and Ferarri.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Looks very 1968 StingRayish.
Especially the fenders......a total copy of the C3 Vette.
GM needs only 1 or 2 retro vehicles, not 3.
Sorry, don't like.
Billy Mitchell back from the dead to design the C7. LOL.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
the r8 has really large (and well integrated) vents front and rear. we could see this element on the c7.

i REALLY like the rear fenders. le mans prototype cars have a sunken deck with raised fenders. they do this to clean up the air for the rear wing. it doesn't mean much for a street car, but is a huge advantage for the c7r. maybe this is a little influence from the still born evo mid engined corvette? the less wedge shaped car means a smaller butt.

awd does make a significant difference to performance. it nearly doubles longitudinal acceleration, and even increases lateral acceleration. i don't expect a movie car to be a development mule, but it'd be really telling if the autobot did 4 wheel burnouts:D

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The page won't load for me!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts