GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
When one of my older brothers still lived in town (now lives in Ft. Lauderdale) some years back and before he got on this BMW/Infiniti kick of his......he drove a sick looking first gen SHO in black (5spd of course). Keep 'ST' off this baby and let the SHO ride once again!

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Why is it called the Superman Taurus in the first place...?
Alan Mullally and Derrick Kuzak (Ford's Lutz) were giving a presentation on Ford's future design and engineering direction. They showed a picture of the current Taurus, which Mullally dubbed "Homer Simpson"... soft, round, pudgy, and unremarkable. Then, they showed the new Taurus, which Mullally said was "like Superman" in comparison to the current Homer Taurus.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
When one of my older brothers still lived in town (now lives in Ft. Lauderdale) some years back and before he got on this BMW/Infiniti kick of his......he drove a sick looking first gen SHO in black (5spd of course). Keep 'ST' off this baby and let the SHO ride once again!
The new performance Taurus will blow every SHO ever made into the weeds... ST or whatever.

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Many I love the idea of an AWD SHO with a GTDI motor.
It looks great too. I bet the SHO or ST or whatever badge it has, will look even sportier.

Who would want an Impala or G8 when this will be sold.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One thing is that the grill is different than the shot in the studio. This one has a grill that looks like the Verve concept. I wonder if the studio shot was just an early design that changed or is the one at the studio the SHO or ST grill.

·
Back!
5,366 Posts
One thing is that the grill is different than the shot in the studio. This one has a grill that looks like the Verve concept. I wonder if the studio shot was just an early design that changed or is the one at the studio the SHO or ST grill.
The grille appears to be exactly the same as the one in the original/undisguised spy photo. In fact, on the new spy photo you can even see that the middle grille bar lines up with the bottom/inside corner of the headlight exactly like it does on the car in the original spy photo. You can clearly see another grille bar above and one below it as well, for a total of three.

I'm not certain where you are seeing a change.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The grille appears to be exactly the same as the one in the original/undisguised spy photo. In fact, on the new spy photo you can even see that the middle grille bar lines up with the bottom/inside corner of the headlight exactly like it does on the car in the original spy photo. You can clearly see another grille bar above and one below it as well, for a total of three.

I'm not certain where you are seeing a change.
Its the black in the grill. The black makes me think that there i mesh in it. The chrome line reminds me of the Verve concept in Detriot. The studio picture has gray stripes with a chrome ring around the whole grill.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts