·
Premium Member
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One-Of-A-Kind Brock Coupe Up For Sale

Richard Blackburn
18 March 2008
www.drive.com.au

A Brock fanatic in NSW's southern highlands is selling a unique Monza Coupe designed by the late Peter Brock.

A one-off Opel coupe designed by the late Peter Brock has been put on the market for just the second time in more than 20 years.

Brock built the special Opel Monza coupe in 1984 and had plans to sell a range of the European-built vehicles through his Holden Dealer Team network.

The car was unveiled at the 1984 Canberra Motor Show and the local dealer took eight orders on the spot, despite a hefty $45,000 price tag.

But the project was shelved when the racing legend struck problems with getting the car certified to Australian Design Rules.

Click here to continue article

Peter Brock poses with his one-off Opel Monza

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
If Holden had have had the balls and was not licking it's wounds from losing big car sales to Ford back then; this should have been the basis of the Series 3 Monaro and the Coupe60 would now be the Series 5 Monaro.

;)

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
If Holden had have had the balls and was not licking it's wounds from losing big car sales to Ford back then; this should have been the basis of the Series 3 Monaro and the Coupe60 would now be the Series 5 Monaro.

;)
Was that the same period as the divorce (1987ish?)

Mike

·
Registered
467 Posts
Was that the same period as the divorce (1987ish?)

Mike
Hi Mike.

No, this was in 1984, when he could do no wrong.

I think one problem was that financially GM-H was on its knees & didn't have the funds to do it at the time.

I noticed in the article it said that the Monza that Brock drove in Europe was a V6. I think it was a straight 6.

Dr Terry

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Hi Mike.

I think one problem was that financially GM-H was on its knees & didn't have the funds to do it at the time.

I noticed in the article it said that the Monza that Brock drove in Europe was a V6. I think it was a straight 6.

Dr Terry

Understood - out by a coupla years!!

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Hi Mike.

Dr Terry
Yep I'm pretty sure the Opel was a straight 6.
BTW that Monza is a nice car. I used to visit it every so often at Wakelings & daydream...:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.