GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the talk about the Pontiac G6 GXP, etc. coming up in a year or two, I thought it would be interesting to poll to see what front-wheel-drive car since the late 80's until about last year or so is the most respected out there.

I am a fan of watching GM take the so called "Average Joes", "grocery getters" or "rental fleet specials" and soup them up with performance modifications. Or just using a platform that wasn't necessarily built for "performance" and making the car Perform. The Saturn ION Redline, Pontiac G6 GXP, Vibe GT, and Impala SS Supercharged fit this category. But there have been many, some almost forgotten over the past 10 years (some with varying degrees of "performance", and some that were nothing more than stickers and badging that don't deserve mention) over the years.

Consider well the time in which these cars were introduced (not just how they stack up by todays standards) in terms of innovation, handling, value ("bang for the buck") and horsepower. Things like reliability can also be considered. Whether or not it had a manual transmission option might be a factor to you.

I know there are probably more than a few models that I missed, so feel free to add these to the discussion.

Lumina Z34 Page

Beretta Page

Pontiac Grand Prix Fan Page

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
What about the Olds 442 with the H.0. Quad four? Or the Citation X-11?

My favorite would probably be an X-11 - they managed to look great, sound great and handle great. I really wanted one as a teen, but there were very few in southern Ontario and they didn't come up often as used cars.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Tone@Feb 25 2004, 05:07 PM
What about the Olds 442 with the H.0. Quad four? Or the Citation X-11?

My favorite would probably be an X-11 - they managed to look great, sound great and handle great. I really wanted one as a teen, but there were very few in southern Ontario and they didn't come up often as used cars.
haha good call dude! those ARE a rare bird! man, i want a citation now! olds calais 442 with the quad 4 was awesome too... my first car was a 2.5L calais 2-door. great taste in cars man! any other gems you can think of?

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what *could have been* the coolest car....that Monte Carlo Intimidator concept or the late 90's with the naturally aspirated engine pumping out 280 horsepower or something...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts