·
Premium Member
36,406 Posts
Where's the machine gun?

Reactions: BillR

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
The guns you take to Ze moon are railguns, not chemical propelled versions.

These are true moon buggies.

Northrop is also making a moon buggy.

How does radiation affect rubber?
The tires don't have to be rubber. The Apollo moon buggies' weren't.

·
Registered
19,696 Posts
That's really cool! I wonder how far you can go on the moon vs. Earth - I assume a lot more energy has to go to keeping the batteries warm, but I assume that is more than offset by the weak lunar gravity and no wind resistance.

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: buildacariwant

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
That's really cool! I wonder how far you can go on the moon vs. Earth - I assume a lot more energy has to go to keeping the batteries warm, but I assume that is more than offset by the weak lunar gravity and no wind resistance.
And just how far should you even go? I hear the roads on the moon have a bad pothole problem. You might even call them craters.

A lot could go wrong. And the wait time for AAA is gonna be huge. So the travel distance should be no greater than the distance that you can walk back.

·
Registered
19,696 Posts
And just how far should you even go? I hear the roads on the moon have a bad pothole problem. You might even call them craters.

A lot could go wrong. And the wait time for AAA is gonna be huge. So the travel distance should be no greater than the distance that you can walk back.
No worries, they'll be safe as long as it is equipped with onStar. :ROFLMAO:

But yes, to your point, probably don't want to stray to far.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,237 Posts
Didn't GM Defense have a big role in the first 3 moon buggies?
Yup, GM designed and engineered the mobility systems for the original Apollo program LRV 50 years ago. GM partnered with Boeing to develop and manufacture that product.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,805 Posts
When the time is right, GM needs to plaster this all over the media.
At what point do we get our 💩 together and really go back considering Nasa seems to be in snooze mode and others are taking these kinds of thing up as far as I can tell? ;)

·
Registered
19,696 Posts
At what point do we get our 💩 together and really go back considering Nasa seems to be in snooze mode and others are taking these kinds of thing up as far as I can tell? ;)
NASA in snooze mode? They've got a ton of cool stuff going on - you should check out their website!

The Artemis program is cranking along. Though, yes, I've seen calls to hand it over to Musk/let him handle such rockets.

·
Premium Member
35,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NASA in snooze mode? They've got a ton of cool stuff going on - you should check out their website!

The Artemis program is cranking along. Though, yes, I've seen calls to hand it over to Musk/let him handle such rockets.
They have tons of missions, there is the Mars copter, Starship, ISS replacement, James Web, Moon Mission, Sun Study Mission, the Astroid belt Study Mission, the Astroid moving Mission, Just revived the Voyager 2 Communication by updating the Ausie deep space telescope..the old ISS, Hubble, etc, etc… .Getting sued by Amazon Bozo

There is more I am missing.

I cannot stand their lying director though.. he is a vaccinator…

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,805 Posts

Father forgive me for I have snoozed ;)

·
Premium Member
35,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Father forgive me for I have snoozed ;)
The problem with Artemis is using of old parts. It would have been easier to tell United launch Alliance to build a rocket that can lift However many tons to the moon, and clean sheet, they would have done it.

disposable or not disposable.. easier than modifying existing parts…

1 - 20 of 33 Posts