GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daewoo cools it
BBC Top Gear

With summer upon us and the hay fever season in full flow, if you'll pardon the phrase, Daewoo has introduced a range of Xtra Cool special editions. You won't be surprised to learn that these all feature air-conditioning on an enhanced spec list, along with various other cherry-picked goodies from the options list designed to make it as painless as possible to put your hand in your pocket.

The Xtra Cool treatment is available on the Matiz, Kalos, Nubira and Tacuma, with the first in that list gaining the distinction of becoming Britain's cheapest car with air-con as standard. The hard facts on a model-by-model basis are...

Matiz Xtra Cool: Only available in 1.0-litre form. Equipment includes air-conditioning, CD stereo, power steering, ABS, central locking, dual front airbags and front and rear electric windows. OTR price £6495; Plus Pack, including metallic/mica paint and special alloy wheels, £500 extra.

Kalos Xtra Cool: Only available in 1.2-litre form. Equipment includes air-conditioning, dual front and side airbags, ABS, remote central locking, front and rear electric windows, height adjustable steering column and CD stereo. OTR price £7995; Plus Pack, including metallic/mica paint and 14-inch alloy wheels, £500 extra.

Nubira Xtra Cool: Only available in 1.8-litre form. Equipment includes climate control with chilled glove box, ABS, dual front and side airbags, CD stereo, front and rear electric windows, remote central locking and rain-sensing windscreen wipers. OTR price £10,495.

Tacuma Xtra Cool: Only available in 2.0-litre form. Equipment includes air-conditioning, dual front airbags, alloys, ABS, CD stereo, rear parking sensors and three separate foldable and removable rear seats. OTR price £10,995.

Article Here

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
the more I see it, the more I wish GM left the headlighs alone and just put on a bowtie for the Aveo.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Jul 18 2004, 03:30 AM
the more I see it, the more I wish GM left the headlighs alone and just put on a bowtie for the Aveo.
your right, the more i see it i wonder what the hell they were thinking when they toned down the aveo. i mean this has a racey look to it, the aveo looks like the previous gen of this if there were one. interesting. im sure there is a face lift that will fix the aveo right up, anyway i know of 10+ aveos in my town. not a lot, but its all the dealership got in, so in that case its good. i live on an island so yeah, they have to get it shiped in.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Keep in mind gasoline is $5/gallon at least in most of Europe. Plus (if memory serves) there's a tax levied on larger-displacement vehicles in some countries. (I may be wrong, anyone from Europe, please correct me)

Mind you the fuel isn't that much more expensive than it is here. All of the extra overhead is TAX.

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
1.0 Liter? I think Fred Flintstone had more than that in his foot-powered car.
There is also a smaller engine as an option. I think it was .6L or something :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts