GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
In 2022, companies shouldn’t be coming back asking for more tax credits for buyers, 250k per maker is enough. We were all told that increasing efficiencies would have BEVs at the same price as ICEs, I think he’ll will freeze over before that happens….

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
In 2022, companies shouldn’t be coming back asking for more tax credits for buyers, 250k per maker is enough. We were all told that increasing efficiencies would have BEVs at the same price as ICEs, I think he’ll will freeze over before that happens….
Have you seen the prices of ICEs lately? Why else did you think that the red horned guy with the cloven hooves is wearing an overcoat?

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
Have you seen the prices of ICEs lately? Why else did you think that the red horned guy with the cloven hooves is wearing an overcoat?
Reality check, all vehicles have stepped up in price but closing the gap from regular ICEs to BEVs hasn’t improved all that much, mostly because BEVs have been hit harder by commodity prices.

Besides, most BEVs currently offered are being sold as premium or performance products, so have kept pace with commodity increases mentioned above (save for $45k Mach E). That $30k entry point for EV Equinox looks more and more like a pipe dream. Great if GM achieves that but I’m willing to bet that is off the table now, GM will sell the sizzle, not the savings of a compliance vehicle.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,704 Posts
My guess is the Nox EV will start around $30-31K MSRP for basic model. An ICE FWD base model starts around $27K so that sounds doable. Call it $40K including AWD, sunroof, etc.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Did it get changed to applying the credit at the point of sale or is it still only when you file.
In this article, it’s a tax credit, I read another, and they said it was applied at the time of sale, to bring down the cost immediately. Seems like everyone has a different interpretation,

·
Premium Member
36,991 Posts
In this article, it’s a tax credit, I read another, and they said it was applied at the time of sale, to bring down the cost immediately. Seems like everyone has a different interpretation,
All you need to know is that It's For The Greater Good. :giggle::rolleyes:o_O

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
The consistent answer ive seen is that the dealers will have the option to apply it at time of sale.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I do think the credits should be abandoned but I hope there is some language in the actual legislation for a trigger to end this credit At least they put some caps on it too and I like that they are limiting China. But it is a little ironic that an unrelated picture of a new BEV Amazon delivery truck is heading off this article. What kind of subsidies will Amazon get out of this? I'm thinking Amazon needs no subsidies.
The Tax Credit went to the Manufactures, not the Consumer. Look at the Price Reduuction on the Bolt for an example. Now that the Credit is Gone, GM reduced it's price by nearly the Tax Credit.

Why was the Volt nearly 10K more than a Malibu? Because of the $7500 Credit made it relatively Priced.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,778 Posts
many more ICE's cost way more than many BEV's.
Which gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles in the U.S. market cost "way more" than their BEV counterparts comparably equipped?

Reactions: CJH
41 - 60 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.