GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I do think the credits should be abandoned but I hope there is some language in the actual legislation for a trigger to end this credit At least they put some caps on it too and I like that they are limiting China.
Agreed, not a fan of incentives that disrupt the free market. I am glad there is a price cap on it, we shouldn't be incentivizing Premium/Luxury EV's. Also China provisions don't hurt.

I do think plug-in hybrids would serve the overall macro market better than pure EV for the forseeable future, so hopefully they continue to qualify as part of this proposal. Plug-in hybrid Traverse/Tahoes would save a ton of gas/emissions over the life of the vehicle, which is the goal.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
You should lobby your congressmen to put an end to the $15B Plus in annual US subsidies to Big Oil.
Sure, but you also know that not all oil is burned in our vehicles. Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Plastics, etc.......all come from it. Plus Nat Gas that heats most of the country is a byproduct. And of course the bulk of logistics use it, and of course the military.

So if you want food in the grocery store, Grandma to get her meds, your house to be warm in the winter, and our service men/women keeping us safe, then it makes sense even if I don't like it. And that's drastically different than politicized incentives to buy a certain type of car. But of course you knew that......have a good day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.