GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Rotating the tires ever 5,000 miles will help avoid this. They weren't going that fast the engines get louder at 3,000 rpm. They were around 2,000 rpm which would be about 50mph depending on tranny and engine.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
No way you can hardly hear the engine. They get much louder and sound different because VVt kicks in at 4,000. That isn't a mazdaspeed3 because these two couldn't drive one and a mazdaspeed would never loose control badly.
+1

100 mph, definately NOT.

EDIT: and why the crap would you post that on the net anyway? lol

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
No way you can hardly hear the engine. They get much louder and sound different because VVt kicks in at 4,000. That isn't a mazdaspeed3 because these two couldn't drive one and a mazdaspeed would never loose control badly.
I beg to differ. Any car can lose control badly, especially if it has more power. What may have caused it was that he put his right front off the road and lost it from there. Or somply some other driver error, which can happen in any car.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I beg to differ. Any car can lose control badly, especially if it has more power. What may have caused it was that he put his right front off the road and lost it from there. Or somply some other driver error, which can happen in any car.
The base mazda3 isn't even remotely powerful. The mid level engine may have some power but still slower than a V6 malibu.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Interesting what a lack of car control can do. I intend on taking a lot of professional driver training courses to better myself as a driver so when I get into the above situation, I'd know how to get out of it.

Seriously, I'd know better than to go that fast around a blind corner. There could have been another car and then it could have been a fatal crash. Stupid kids. Hopefully Darwin can take care of him soon.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Agreed, you can lose control in an Aveo in dry conditions. Driver error a.k.a. being an Idiot.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
And, this type of thing gives teenage/young drivers a bad name. All I have to say is what morons these two are. They seem more excited than scared.

Any way, I doubt this car will see a long life...

-Chase

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Wow I am always suprised how dumb some people can be. Not only did they post on the web themselves doing completely idiotic things, but boast and claim they were excesivly speeding. I so want the cops to take this video and give them a ticket or jail time, maybe that help reduce the number of idiotic things done just to get a few minutes of internet fame.

5,934 Posts
Brought the neighboors out. I'm glad I ain't that age anymore.

Seriously, sounds like the car upshifted as he was entering that long corner. Then it sounded like he backed off the gas. The combination of the two 'prolly took weight off the rear and brought his ass end around. Good job of saving it though. I wonder if his parents have seen this?

·
Registered
727 Posts
(In a sarcastic voice)Wow,he knows how to drive.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.