GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Re: Biggest picture load yet of black and white Camaros (15+ photos)

There is a thing called over exposure. Geez. GM needs to start covering them back up, and then people will begin to speculate what they could be changing at least to make it interesting. We have seen the thing a billion times and no one really cares except the extreme Camaro enthusiasts.

·
Registered
293 Posts

There is a thing called over exposure. Geez. GM needs to start covering them back up, and then people will begin to speculate what they could be changing at least to make it interesting. We have seen the thing a billion times and no one really cares except the extreme Camaro enthusiasts.

Great find on the pics!

Guilty as charged! :D I love every single pic I can see. It just means I get to see it from that many more angles and settings. They can't really cover them up anymore since GM promised that all camo would be taken off a while back.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts

Wow, that certainly is. I have to admit that I'm more interested in the Lumina at this point though. Is that the next Impala or what?

·
Registered
840 Posts

I'm really not liking the how they shaped the curve of the wheel well where it meets the C-Pillar... I liked it when it was more angular. They probably modified it for aerodynamics.

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts

Wow, that certainly is. I have to admit that I'm more interested in the Lumina at this point though. Is that the next Impala or what?
That's what I was thinking. Chevy Badge with intercooler ports on the bonnet(?) for 2.8 turbo V6 straight out of Saab, or even TDI?:eek: It's got G8GT rims but Omega (commodore base spec) front clip.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts

The Commodore also looks like it does not have any rear doors

Possible Coupe 60/GTO prototype?

And there is a Hybrid like Tahoe in the test group to, or at least it has a Hybrid Tahoe body with no roof rack and the different front end. Possible diesel test mule with the 4.5 Dmax?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Correct, the white Lumina is the one we saw a few months ago that was suspect to be the first Camaro mule. It is 2 door, you can see the large rear glass.
I still cant get a good idea of how big it is. Looks a lot smaller then a Tahoe, but not much bigger then a Prius.

Leroy...bring a damn tape measure with you next time.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
They look great, very mean looking in black! BigAl is probably rite about the Lumina Camaro mule, it has the odd 2-door/4-door doors! Looks pretty cool though, even if it is a mule!

·
Registered
66 Posts
In the two left side profile pictures, it almost looks like there is no B-pillar. Notice how there isn't the black border around the rear window. I just wish there wasn't so much glare. It would be awesome if there was no b-pillar, probably not gonna happen though :(.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Sad to say, but it will have it. But you bring up the fact that it does look like it doesnt have it, which is what GM is trying to do.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
The car still looks great...

I can't wait for a clean shot of one with production headlights.
The "spider eyes" preproduction stuff is a little off putting.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Too bad GM didn't make this car about six years ago, like everyone with a brain told them to. Too bad gas is going to be $5.00/gal when these things hit the streets.

·
Registered
293 Posts

Too late for that unfortunately. GM already said all preproduction cars will be driven without camo. :clap:

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Can someone tell me what in the world a trailer hitch is doing on the back of that car??

·
Registered
343 Posts

MCGARRETT said:
The Commodore also looks like it does not have any rear doors
It is an early Camaro test mule before prototype body shells were ready for use.

MCGARRETT said:
Possible Coupe 60/GTO prototype?
Magic 8 Ball says, "Better not tell you now." ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts