GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TUT Briefly Tests the 2008 Malibu LTZ
Today I took one fully loaded LTZ on an extended test drive. About about 15 Miles.. most of it Freeway.
Guys, you cannot begin to appriciate why this car won the motortrend car of they year. Its really far much better than the current Camry which I have also test driven.
The Engine and 6 speed transmission with manual shift mode are a dream.. Rear leg room even with the seat way back is there.

More Here

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
The Malibu is the first Chevy my wife would own, other than a Corvette. She loves the look of it and she's been down on Chevys for years. Good on GM on getting it so right.

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got to test this car. Most people that try it come out blown away. But, I think I will be buying the Traverse for my wife, and then I'll get to keep the HHR. Year is 2012.

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If not because I know your intent, but because it was messing with my head every time I would hit New Posts...:)
Ha ha, I want to see peoples feelings about this car alot. I think
I might be getting one. I have not driven it yet, but hopefully I will soon. Its one I think would make a good replacement for my corolla.
I worry though that I got to get into new phone contracts just to own the car. That is killing the deal.

·
Registered
2020 Malibu Premier Cajun Red picked up 9/19/19 Every factory option. Great car. Not my first.
535 Posts
:D:D This thread reminds me of some local Chevy dealers here in So. CT, who WEEK after WEEK had incorrect ads in the newspaper! Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. One dealer kept advertising the 08 Malibu as "Motor Trend Car of the Year"! I send him the CTS ad showing that the Cadillac was the winner of that award and not the Malibu.

The other dealer kept advertising the Malibu week after week, but had a picture of the IMPALA instead of the Malibu! I sent them a pic of my car to use in case they didn't have a real pic of an 08 Malibu.

I also told them how sad it was that a DEALER did not know which end was up when it comes to one of the "hottest", most talked about car for 08! I understand that newspapers make mistakes, BUT week after week! One of the dealer's website even has a link to get info on the 08 Malibu "Classic"! When you click on the link, you get 07 Malibu info!! That's even sadder in March! Good thing it's time for work or I could go on. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.