GM Inside News Forum banner

Turn signal...

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  chickenkicker 
#1 ·
Looks like the Sonoma is acting up again...
I drove it to the office today to move some stuff out for my uncle, and since I had to leave it by the curb to load it, I turned my hazards on.
When I got in to drive away, I turn off the hazards, flip on my right turn signal, and suddenly the damn thing spazzes out and starts blinking rapidly on and off, on and off. Not the usual on...off...on...off...but onoffonoffonoffonoff.
What the hell is going on now? And is there any way that I can fix this? I have to take her to the dealer anyways, weather stripping's cracking from sitting out in the sun, but I don't want to have to pay any more than I have to.
Oh, and I fixed the door squeaky problem, but now the driver's side door is squeaking...go figure. :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Did you check to see if any of the lights were out? My S-10 would go crazy if a light was out when I turned on the corresponding blinker.

#8 ·
It could be that a bulb is out or was loose, if a bulb goes out the turn signals will blink very fast as a warning that a bulb is out but the hazards generally don't blink faster with a bulb out. If it does it again check all the bulbs to see if any are out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.