GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arthur Lampitt crashed his Ford Thunderbird head-on into a truck over 50 years ago and unknowingly carried with him a piece of the T-bird embedded in his arm. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that at the time the crash was so bad it was reported as a fatality and somehow with all of Lampitt's other injuries, a 7-inch turn signal lodged in his arm was overlooked.

Over a decade ago an Xray revealed a pencil like object in the 75-year-olds arm but it was left untouched until now. "Everything was fine until it started to get bigger," Lampitt's wife Betty told the Post-Dispatch, "the arm started bulging."

Lampitt says he was positive they would find the object to be a turn signal from his old T-bird - the object was noticeably missing from crash photos. After less than an hour under the knife with Dr. Timothy Lang, the turn signal was removed. "We see all kinds of foreign objects like nails or pellets, but usually not this large, usually not a turn signal from a 1963 T-Bird." Dr. Lang said.

It may not be common but unusual things are removed from unusual places all the time. Last summer a woman in Scotland had a 10-year-old sex toy removed from her ******. The 38-year-old claimed she was intoxicated a decade prior and clearly forgot to remove toy after using it with a partner.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/...grid7|htmlws-sb-bb|dl29|sec1_lnk2&pLid=592213

Reactions: rockyspaw

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I wonder if anyone is looking for that part to complete their restoration project? Maybe he can make some money from it.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
There was a time when the "Human Arm" was the turn signal!

Now the turn signal is embedded in the human arm. It's 21st Century science.

Reactions: rockyspaw

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd like to hear more about the lady from Scotland.......
Seems to me there's a limerick lurking there somewhere.

There was a young lady from Scotland...

I wonder if anyone is looking for that part to complete their restoration project? Maybe he can make some money from it.
See Post #4 above.

There was a time when the "Human Arm" was the turn signal!

Now the turn signal is embedded in the human arm. It's 21st Century science.
Yes. The technology has me utterly confused! :drive:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.