1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It just took the Cobalt this long to finally get it right and get some much needed attention... I honestly don't see the Cobalt all that bad... cheap, yes, but that what it really is.... CHEAP!!! get over it ... I have my preferences when it comes to styling and the coupe takes my preference any day... but, the package cannot be argues with considering what the Cobalt is going up against and holding it's own against too...

My props to the Cobalt... well done... well well done!

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Why couldnt they improve the bread and butter Sedan as well? Why did they just concentrate on the model with the lowest sales?
I have a 2006 LT Sedan and it rides and handles like ass. GM should have improved this model as well. Better seats for starters, improved ride and handling as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
"The John Cooper Works is a touch slower than the Cobalt SS; has a base price hovering just under $30,000; and is only suitable as a family car if you happen to come from a bloodline of midgets or clowns. "

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Great read! The mini is just too small for me though.
For the highest speed-per-dollar content, Chevrolet's Cobalt SS is impossible to beat. It's a perfect example of the type of performance GM is capable of when a dedicated team of engineers gets the resources it needs.
very true and I still think its a great looking little car, always have.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
"The John Cooper Works is a touch slower than the Cobalt SS; has a base price hovering just under $30,000; and is only suitable as a family car if you happen to come from a bloodline of midgets or clowns. "
Minis are attractive, cute, loveable and classic looking. The Cobalt Sedan just isn't an exciting package visually. The cars performance is really impressive, but it isn't exciting to look at.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Do you know the interior dimensions of the Cobalt vs Cooper. You might be very surprised.
With the seat pushed all the way back for taller drivers there is ZERO leg room for rear seat passengers. Seriously, I've driven a few of these cars and I'm 6'2" tall and with the seat all the way back there is plenty of room for the driver, but the seat back was pushed up against the rear passenger seat cushion.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
With the seat pushed all the way back for taller drivers there is ZERO leg room for rear seat passengers. Seriously, I've driven a few of these cars and I'm 6'2" tall and with the seat all the way back there is plenty of room for the driver, but the seat back was pushed up against the rear passenger seat cushion.
I would like to see some numbers because the visual appearance is probably greater than reality since the Mini has very short overhangs which makes the exterior tiny. With the seat all the way back in the Cobalt I doubt if there's much room behind you either. Either way I doubt a single person would bring rear seat room into the equation when choosing between these two cars.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Great stuff. Hope it's selling well.
Too the Cobalt doesn't look like the Caliber though. And where was the Caliber in this test, anyway? I'll take a Cobalt with the skin of a Caliber, thanks.
Everything I've heard about the Caliber SRT has been fair to poor. It's got one heck of a motor, but it sounds like the mini-SUV styling has given it a top-heavy kind of handling. I do like the idea of the Caliber, a small wagon that looks like it was designed in the current century. The Cobalt SS with the skin of a Caliber is really the HHR SS, but with the looks of a '49 Suburban...

The Coby is no great shakes in the looks department, but I wouldn't mind one of these SS models... It's a great sleeper! From all reports, it sounds like a little giant killer... reminiscent of the mid-60's Nova SS models... Sweet!

·
Registered
162 Posts
love the new cobalt ss turbo. the sedan is a real sleeper. when the ss supercharged came out, i was like meh! but now i really wan this ss turbo.

The John Cooper Works is a touch slower than the Cobalt SS; has a base price hovering just under $30,000; and is only suitable as a family car if you happen to come from a bloodline of midgets or clowns.
hilarious observation... too funny. i hate the mini.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts