GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is pretty bad, especially for the Sequoia which is brand new.

This is a quote from auto news

Toyota backs off Tundra, Sequoia output Toyota Motor Corp. will ratchet back its production of Tundra pickups and Sequoia SUVs in Indiana and Texas in response to slow sales. The reduction in volume -- a rare move for Toyota in North America -- will begin in late spring. No layoffs are expected.

https://home.autonews.com/clickshare/authenticateUserSubscription.do?CSProduct=autonews&CSAuthReq=1:373299934740715:AID|IDAID=20080313/ANA02/945984412|ID=:8CE62FF1213F31DFF6B7A43A6AB62803&AID=20080313/ANA02/945984412&title=Toyota%20backs%20off%20Tundra%2C%20Sequoia%20output&ID=&CSTargetURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autonews.com%2Fapps%2Fpbcs.dll%2Fexec%3Fname%3DMHCPayPerArticleResponse%26nocache%3D1%26AssignSessionID%3D373299934740715%26AID%3D20080313%2FANA02%2F945984412

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
IIRC both Tundra and Sequoia sales were actually up in February. Looks like Toyota, as well as the rest of the industry, is anticipating a slow down in truck sales, and adjusting accordingly.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Toyota is still mega profitable and this slow down will not hurt them. Toyota seems to have the golden touch with Americans and that will not change with gas prices going up daily.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Toyota is still mega profitable and this slow down will not hurt them. Toyota seems to have the golden touch with Americans and that will not change with gas prices going up daily.
They seem to have the golden touch when it comes to segments other than BOF trucks. Truck buyers are not as easily swayed, but it is true that times are tough all over. And the Tundra and Sequoia are not better than the domestic competition. They're not even as good for the most part. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
They seem to have the golden touch when it comes to segments other than BOF trucks. Truck buyers are not as easily swayed, but it is true that times are tough all over. And the Tundra and Sequoia are not better than the domestic competition. They're not even as good for the most part. :rolleyes:
It's the whole segment of BOF vehicles. Every manufacturer is cutting production. $4.00 fuel is a knife in the heart of the entire large vehicle segment.

Since 2003 this segment has already lost 1 million annual sales and every manufacturer is affected. More are sure to be lost this year. It's a shrinking segment of the national fleet.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
It's the whole segment of BOF vehicles. Every manufacturer is cutting production. $4.00 fuel is a knife in the heart of the entire large vehicle segment.

Since 2003 this segment has already lost 1 million annual sales and every manufacturer is affected. More are sure to be lost this year. It's a shrinking segment of the national fleet.
Yes, I meant to include that in my post. :eek: In fact, I get an extra day off (unpaid :() at Easter this year because of just that.

5,934 Posts
An older woman at work bought a Tundra. And she's quite proud of it.

I see more Silvy's and Seirra's on a probably 8-1 basis over the Tundra. Very few Titans.

As I expected, after the Toyota "fan boys" bought the initial run when they first came out, sales have stalled. When it comes to trucks, GM has stamina. As does Ford and Dodge.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.