GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just bought a new Ford F-150 and I was really really impressed with the design of the interior, which made me wonder, who do you think has the best interior out there?

I am a GM owner until I die, but the interior of the Silverado/Sierra is getting a little dated in my mind. Ford's interior is nicely laid out with the center consol and the upscale trim. The only downer of the center console being only room for 2 in the front. Does anyone know if the the center console there in the regular cab version?

Thoughts?

Ryan

·
Registered
251 Posts
I voted for the siverado, bcause like you, I'll be anything GM. I haven't been in any of the others, I know there's a lot of bias in my vote, but this is a GM enthusiest site, so I don't feel too guilty.

About the Ford... I'm sure it's nice from what I've seen. But, it doesn't look like a truck to me, it looks maybe too nice. You know? It's seems like you'd have to be careful getting into it, like there is a list of rules.

The Siverado might be out-dated, but has everything everyone else does... for the most part. I just feel like you can beat up the Chevy alittle and not worry so much, because you know it's ok.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a very good point. The interior of the Ford isn't that truck like... but then again there are lots of people buying trucks these days that will never see anything off road, or in the bed!

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Ford by far has the best interiors! You have to take in the fact that nowadays trucks are not as rugged, and like you said, never even see off-road... ;)

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by rme8494@May 8 2004, 07:02 PM
The only downer of the center console being only room for 2 in the front.  Does anyone know if the the center console there in the regular cab version? 
I've always felt bad for the short/small guys coming back from the job site in a regular cab who have to sit in the middle. :laughbounce:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Ryan,

You can opt NOT to have the center console on the F150...I think.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Was in a new ford once but it did not do anything for me.
the shift in the centre console, it takes away room for my PDA.
There is lot of small business owners, who are in construction who want an up scale cab for a driver.
It is my company, I work hard , have to drive an hour home, I want a nice ride home.
They should make the next truck with a spilt rear seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts