GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've decided to order my Corvette between now and April 25th (the cutoff date for 2008 orders). That means I'll be getting my Corvette sometime in early July at the latest. I really want out of the Saab and so that is the plan. I am thinking, even for Corvette's, the "Year End Sales" they have in July will provide some good financing and lease-pull ahead options. GMAC hopefully is cooperative.

Also, I don't think I can wait until May 22nd to order a 2009 (for late July/early August delivery).

The option list for my order looks like this:
(4LT) Premium Equipment Group
(Q9V) Chrome Aluminum Wheels
(F55) Magnetic Selective Ride Control
(U3U) Navigation Radio
(CC3) Transparent Removable Roof
(10U) Arctic White Exterior
(425) Linen Interior

Now the real waiting begins....

Side Note: If anyone sees a used '05-'06 STS for $20kish let me know (Ebony Interior), I am looking at the STS as a Winter Car option.

EDIT: See post 40

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Re: Ordering the Corvette before April 25th... Hopefully!

why not bright red? and whats a linen interior?

CobaltSS
Red is tacky, everyone has it. Black scratches easily. The Silver is for old people (IMHO). Yellow didn't do it for me. Orange and Blue are gross looking.

White is easy to touch up and fix, plus it doesn't show scratches that much. The only problem is dirt, but I wash my car weekly even now so that shouldn't be a problem.

Linen (like Sienna) is one of the 4LT interiors. I'll grab a picture.

EDIT: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1933915 That is a vert in the color combo.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts

Thats good to hear Duspinnst I'm more of a luxury car buyer myself (also the vette is way out of my price range) but I will always have healthy respect for the Vette do post pics as soon as you get it

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Really, well that is good. Maybe $15k should be my goal.

Only thing I don't like about white cars is that over time, they turn a weird sickly yellowish color.
The newer ones don't do that, and Arctic White is less likely to anyway.

This isn't a cream, or a diamond white type white. This is a White like you'd see on a Porsche.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts

Red is tacky, everyone has it. Black scratches easily. The Silver is for old people (IMHO). Yellow didn't do it for me. Orange and Blue are gross looking.

White is easy to touch up and fix, plus it doesn't show scratches that much. The only problem is dirt, but I wash my car weekly even now so that shouldn't be a problem.

Linen (like Sienna) is one of the 4LT interiors. I'll grab a picture.

EDIT: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1933915 That is a vert in the color combo.

i agree with you on the whole color thing. Red is starting to get pretty tacky It's one of my favorite colors but It seems I can't go less than 5 feet on a typical day without seeing a red car. Black is a classy color but its a big time scratch magnet. White is a good color but its a big time dirt magnet but that really should not be a problem for most people and the orange and blue colors that hey have avalible look ugly IMO. Are you getting any options on it or are you going to go option free? (just wondering)

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

i agree with you on the whole color thing. Red is starting to get pretty tacky It's one of my favorite colors but It seems I can't go less than 5 feet on a typical day without seeing a red car. Black is a classy color but its a big time scratch magnet. White is a good color but its a big time dirt magnet but that really should not be a problem for most people and the orange and blue colors that hey have avalible look ugly IMO. Are you getting any options on it or are you going to go option free? (just wondering)
Options are listed that I am getting.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts

do post pics as soon as you get it

Do you even have to ask?? Duspinst has a thread started about the day he was on the pot and looked at a vette in a magazine- he'll post pics of every nut and bolt on it. We'll see more of that thing than we do of the Camaro "spy" pics.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts

Congrats on your soon to be new car. I know you're very excited. I'd get red since I love red vehicles, but you can get the wrong color. ;) Enjoy the Vette!

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Do you even have to ask?? Duspinst has a thread started about the day he was on the pot and looked at a vette in a magazine- he'll post pics of every nut and bolt on it. We'll see more of that thing than we do of the Camaro "spy" pics.
QFT.

You have no idea.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.